2014 uniforms

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

2014 uniforms

Post by Merkin »

Looks like the gradient sleeves are staying. Fortunately the NCAA forced the UA to drop the gradient numbers.

http://m.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Arizona_W ... _Navy_Blue

NYCat

Re: 2014 uniforms

Post by NYCat »

They look like soccer kits
jollything

Post by jollything »

The sleeves are freaking ridiculous. I don't mind the gradient, what I mind is the 8" of blue that follows it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

jollything wrote:The sleeves are freaking ridiculous. I don't mind the gradient, what I mind is the 8" of blue that follows it.
you do realize that that is a jersey on sale for fans to buy..not an actual game jersey? all jerseys that they sell for fans have sleeves like that.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
boat343

Post by boat343 »

I wish they'd do something about the helmets. Either a new-age sleek design or just stick with white helmets. The red and blue helmets make the A look like some kind of awkward blotch on TV.
jollything

Post by jollything »

ASUHATER! wrote:
jollything wrote:The sleeves are freaking ridiculous. I don't mind the gradient, what I mind is the 8" of blue that follows it.
you do realize that that is a jersey on sale for fans to buy..not an actual game jersey? all jerseys that they sell for fans have sleeves like that.
I understand that. I know they need to make the sleeves longer, I just think they don't look right with the gradient in the upper 25% of the sleeve.

It just doesn't work to me.
jollything

Post by jollything »

boat343 wrote:I wish they'd do something about the helmets. Either a new-age sleek design or just stick with white helmets. The red and blue helmets make the A look like some kind of awkward blotch on TV.
The Block A needs to be bigger. It seems so tiny on the helmets.
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Everything about our uniforms is garbage.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ElGatoBlanco wrote:Everything about our uniforms is garbage.
The colors are good though. Right?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

i don't get statements like these. you literally have no say or control over them and they are not for you. they are for the athletes and this is what the athletes want. we are never going back to the desert swarm look so people really need to just suck it up and get over this stuff about uniforms already. as long as we keep our school colors...that's all that really matters.

UAEebs86

White helmet with stripes coming back?

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

ASUHATER! wrote:
i don't get statements like these. you literally have no say or control over them and they are not for you. they are for the athletes and this is what the athletes want. we are never going back to the desert swarm look so people really need to just suck it up and get over this stuff about uniforms already. as long as we keep our school colors...that's all that really matters.
I'm not calling for the Desert Swarm uniform. I'm more than capable of saying the past is the past and I'm all for the future, but these uniforms are trash and bland. The athletes don't have any say in these uniforms either and apparently neither does our athletic department. Nike calls all the shots here. Take a look at our uniforms and compare them to other recent Nike uniforms just in the conference. When it comes to new good looks in our conference we're trailing behind ASU, Oregon State, and obviously Oregon. I was actually a fan of our uniforms last year outside of the boring/bland helmets. I literally have no idea why our numbers do not have white trimming around them on the colored uniforms. These look like my pop warner teams' uniforms. Low grade in every single way.

As far as school colors go, who knew purple was an Arizona color?
ElGatoBlanco

Re: White helmet with stripes coming back?

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Only good looking uniform we have. I sincerely hope they're bringing back the stripes on the white helmets. They shouldn't have been taken off last year.
jollything

Post by jollything »

ASUHATER! wrote:
For the record, I have no problem with the uniform the athletes wear on the field. I like them. My problem is with the jersey that is meant for the fans not the players. It looks ridiculous with those sleeves being so much longer than the gradient.
BearDown89

Re: White helmet with stripes coming back?

Post by BearDown89 »

ElGatoBlanco wrote:
Only good looking uniform we have. I sincerely hope they're bringing back the stripes on the white helmets. They shouldn't have been taken off last year.
Yeah, gradient numbers aside, I think this is the sharpest look too.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

FWIW, I looked at pics I took from the LSFF open house year ago and the helmet with stripes were on the display then. The white uniform display looks the same (gradient # 13 for year) as azsports referring to in vid. But who knows...
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Uhm you could literally make this statement about anything regarding UA athletics, so I suppose we should just shut up and not discuss anything, right? Dumb, dumb take, Hater.

If you don't like the discussion, then maybe you should avoid the thread, eh?

EDIT: for the record, the number font sucks. Looks like something from Tron.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

jollything wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
For the record, I have no problem with the uniform the athletes wear on the field. I like them. My problem is with the jersey that is meant for the fans not the players. It looks ridiculous with those sleeves being so much longer than the gradient.
The fan jerseys are ridiculous. The gradient happens, then goes away abruptly. How hard is it to blue the rest of the sleeve?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Uhm you could literally make this statement about anything regarding UA athletics, so I suppose we should just shut up and not discuss anything, right? Dumb, dumb take, Hater.

If you don't like the discussion, then maybe you should avoid the thread, eh?

EDIT: for the record, the number font sucks. Looks like something from Tron.
I'm not necessarily saying you can't discuss it. I'm just saying that in this discussion your opinion means nothing and it doesn't matter when it comes down to the reality of our uniforms.

Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

[/quote]
I'm not necessarily saying you can't discuss it. I'm just saying that in this discussion your opinion means nothing and it doesn't matter when it comes down to the reality of our uniforms.[/quote]

Your opinion means nothing to 99% of things discussed here, so I expect we will see much less of your comments.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
I'm not necessarily saying you can't discuss it. I'm just saying that in this discussion your opinion means nothing and it doesn't matter when it comes down to the reality of our uniforms.[/quote]

Your opinion means nothing to 99% of things discussed here, so I expect we will see much less of your comments.[/quote]
Yours too then right? Please!?

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Closer shot of the all white/silver helmet above. They're just special mock ups by the P12 for Media Day. I think they're pretty cool though.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Make that white a nice sage green, keep the silver A....that could work
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Salty

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Machina? Is that you?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote: I'm not necessarily saying you can't discuss it. I'm just saying that in this discussion your opinion means nothing and it doesn't matter when it comes down to the reality of our uniforms.
Isn't that kind of the definition of a message board? I mean if I actually had any impact on the outcome of this football season, I sure as hell wouldn't be here reading opinions. So what's your point? Stop posting about topics upon which we have no influence?

Reality check: you DO understand just how silly your premise sounds, right?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

This is what they are showing on an ASUs board of what our unis will look like. Not bad if true.

No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MountainCat wrote:This is what they are showing on an ASUs board of what our unis will look like. Not bad if true.

They look better without the number fade, and the shoulder gradient is so much better on the red and blue uniforms. The white it has that weird rainbow effect.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: I'm not necessarily saying you can't discuss it. I'm just saying that in this discussion your opinion means nothing and it doesn't matter when it comes down to the reality of our uniforms.
Isn't that kind of the definition of a message board? I mean if I actually had any impact on the outcome of this football season, I sure as hell wouldn't be here reading opinions. So what's your point? Stop posting about topics upon which we have no influence?

Reality check: you DO understand just how silly your premise sounds, right?
doesn't sound silly at all. just the endless years of whining and moaning and whining and bitching just gets aggravating. continue moaning all you want, but the uniforms aren't going to change. it's like the people that resisted the coming of the telegraph and trains and cars. the uniforms aren't going to go back to what they were 20 years ago so we gotta live with it.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
MountainCat wrote:This is what they are showing on an ASUs board of what our unis will look like. Not bad if true.

They look better without the number fade, and the shoulder gradient is so much better on the red and blue uniforms. The white it has that weird rainbow effect.

Definitely better than last years, although that is some strange futuristic font for the numbers.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Much better without the gradient numbers. Kinda wish there was some white piping around the numbers so they'd stand out more.
Formerly McLurvin
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Look good to me

In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

Certainly, they are better without the gradient, but the font is a huge negative. It says nothing of our uniform history. I would like to see what the basketball numbers, enlarged of course, would look like on the football tops.

The shoulders still have purple stripes. Purple! Get that nonsense out of here. Our colors are fantastic, no need to soil the look with a series of hideous shades between red and blue.

Maybe I'm way off on this.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Those blue jerseys would really pop with a copper outline around the red number set!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Since UNLV predominantly wears white/light gray with red on the road I'm thinking we go with blue lids, blue jersey, and white pants.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Guess the pick a fan to announce the uniform combo
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Nailed it azgreg.
-JB
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Holy crap. Can you read these numbers? I have a 47 inch HD and I'm struggling to even read the numbers of the players with that font and color.

I wish the people that did our new Basketball uniforms would take over and fix these. Sheesh.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Those fucking sleeves......
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Junior

Post by Junior »

Anyone notice how Anu's #2 on his back is different from the rest?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

The Butcher wrote:Holy crap. Can you read these numbers? I have a 47 inch HD and I'm struggling to even read the numbers of the players with that font and color.

I wish the people that did our new Basketball uniforms would take over and fix these. Sheesh.
Even a white outline would help. They are really hard to read unless it's a closeup.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

What sleeves should look like or just a solid color
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Still don't get the whining over a 1 inch thick gradient that you can't even see on hd tv.

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Uh, you must have a really shitty tv.

Yes, the sleeves are horrific. They look pink and purple. They look especially bad close up. Unfortunately, you can't read the g'damn numbers unless they zoom in. These uniforms have been an epic fail for the last 2 years.

It isn't even a question.

The basketball uniforms are so good this year. Why can't we have both?
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Junior wrote:Anyone notice how Anu's #2 on his back is different from the rest?
upside down. interesting.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Sage&Silver wrote:
Junior wrote:Anyone notice how Anu's #2 on his back is different from the rest?
upside down. interesting.
I thought it was just scrunched in his rib protector. Could be wrong
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Damnit. I thought Syracuse had uglier uniforms than us, but then I saw pictures. They are similar, but they look better. Ours look like a generic, Walmart knock-off of Syracuse's unis. Freakin Syracuse!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Red lids Thursday vs. UTSA.
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This leads me to believe we will be R/W/W.