Dave Heeke is New Arizona AD

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Osborn

Re: Dave Heeke is New Arizona AD

Post by Osborn »

UAEebs86 wrote:So what Phoenix area bar bailed on the AD's Road Tour this year? (like Four Peaks did a few years ago).
Some bar called Pedo Haus Brewery - probably a good decision to move it anyway.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Seriously, why do asu fans care so much about U of A that they have to threaten every event in the area?

4 Peaks Years ago, same thing
Wiskey Row this year, same thing
Now Pedal Haus
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I guess bars don’t like renting out for events.

Good list of names for me to avoid next time I’m in town.

Dirks musics is pretty shitty anyways.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

If you're in Heeke's shoes, UA Athletics department is taking a lot of negative publicity hits. ESPN posts the Carter thing on page 1, and ESPN definitely didn't help Sean Miller any. All this did occur under the leadership of a director and school president no longer here. Yes, the school must accept all the responsibility for past employee behavior, and there's lots of facts yet to be revealed on alot of fronts. Nothing really is following Bryne, and Heeke can't really say hey look at that guy because he has to stand the for program, but wonder if there is a PR thing they could do to be out in front of this bad news better that batters the University of Arizona's image continually. Acknowledge some of the events, but add more transparency and adamation of atonement and how there's new developments (so you don't admit liability) going on in the department ensuring that you're a top run athletics department complying at the highest standards of NCAA rules compliance.

Miller's done pretty good to salvage his team so far, and for some putting up a $1million dollars is a token gesture given his overall salary, but it's more than $0 to put behind his words that's he's innocent. But we still got potential bad news to come on that, Book, the Rodriguez fiasco, the other coaches, there's still more Carter stuff to go, and Bradford case claims, lots going on to get ahead of.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:If you're in Heeke's shoes, UA Athletics department is taking a lot of negative publicity hits. ESPN posts the Carter thing on page 1, and ESPN definitely didn't help Sean Miller any. All this did occur under the leadership of a director and school president no longer here. Yes, the school must accept all the responsibility for past employee behavior, and there's lots of facts yet to be revealed on alot of fronts. Nothing really is following Bryne, and Heeke can't really say hey look at that guy because he has to stand the for program, but wonder if there is a PR thing they could do to be out in front of this bad news better that batters the University of Arizona's image continually. Acknowledge some of the events, but add more transparency and adamation of atonement and how there's new developments (so you don't admit liability) going on in the department ensuring that you're a top run athletics department complying at the highest standards of NCAA rules compliance.

Miller's done pretty good to salvage his team so far, and for some putting up a $1million dollars is a token gesture given his overall salary, but it's more than $0 to put behind his words that's he's innocent. But we still got potential bad news to come on that, Book, the Rodriguez fiasco, the other coaches, there's still more Carter stuff to go, and Bradford case claims, lots going on to get ahead of.
I disagree completely and many of the top alumni would as well.

Carter thing is done. He is going to Jail and Byrne royally fucked up here. Fred Harvey did too but Fred is a great man who did not realize how severe the situation really was. It has not hurt our ability to recruit top throwers as we have pretty much the best thrower in the country on our team now as a freshmen. It was a bad hit and bad situation but in this day and age long forgotten by the general public

I think 90% of the public believes Sean Miller ESPN story was complete Bull Shit and ESPN took the hit there far more then us taking the hit.

Bradford is going to Jail and Byrne and Rich Rod fucked that up. Lawsuit will be settled quietly with the victims. Sorry to say domestic violence by football players is nothing new and happens way too much at way too many schools.

Rich Rod lawsuit also wont make much news going forward and should be settled out of court. Heeke acted quickly there and U of A did the right thing by firing Rich Rod.

Book trial wont expose anything new, we have already taken that hit and he was fired.

I doubt any other issues come to light

Don't believe what Greg Hanson says. Our AD has done a phenomenal job in his short time here. All the Top Alumni really like him and support him.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Newportcat wrote:I think 90% of the public believes Sean Miller ESPN story was complete Bull Shit and ESPN took the hit there far more then us taking the hit.
I don’t believe that to be true. In fact I’d say it’s 90/10 toward believing ESPN.

Anecdotally, I get people asking me all the time about Sean Miller getting caught paying players. The way they ask their questions makes me think they believe that the FBI caught CSM at a recruit’s house with a bag of money in one hand and the keys to a new Porsche in the other.

Because there’s been no follow-up or retraction of Schlabach’s “story” the only thing people can fit in their pea sized brains is that Miller is crooked and was caught . . . and maybe sent to Guantanamo.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Chicat wrote:
Newportcat wrote:I think 90% of the public believes Sean Miller ESPN story was complete Bull Shit and ESPN took the hit there far more then us taking the hit.
I don’t believe that to be true. In fact I’d say it’s 90/10 toward believing ESPN.

Anecdotally, I get people asking me all the time about Sean Miller getting caught paying players. The way they ask their questions makes me think they believe that the FBI caught CSM at a recruit’s house with a bag of money in one hand and the keys to a new Porsche in the other.

Because there’s been no follow-up or retraction of Schlabach’s “story” the only thing people can fit in their pea sized brains is that Miller is crooked and was caught . . . and maybe sent to Guantanamo.
You are right and Sorry I should have said 90% of the public that matters

Most people I have talked to close to basketball recruiting believe the story is BS and that is the attitude of vast majority of recruits too. Look at comments by Nico Mannion.

The president, our AD and the board of regents all feel the story is fake

To me the most important thing in college athletics is recruiting. When that gets impaired your program is screwed. The only thing hurting our recruiting is lack of top revenues from PAC 12. In 9 months every single team at U of A will have a locker room that’s five years old or less. Football will have had over $125M invested in its facilities over past 6 years. The rich rod issue hasn’t affected current recruiting at all in fact I think our recruiting future is really bright.

In basketball Sean miller is still bringing in a Top 25 recruiting class which is insane. And our basketball facilities are as good as anywhere in the country as is the ongoing fan support. Vegas this year was nuts with wildcat fans

Our throwing coach for track was a giant piece of sh@t who should root in prison. Even still we have potentially the greatest athlete ever at U of A right now as a thrower on our team so that issue is Cleary in the past to recruits.

The shoes have all dropped. Our future is bright provided PAC 12 can get their crap together to help us earn more money. Robbins and Heeke are great people. Sure some fans are going to be biased but f@ck other fans. Provided recruits aren’t, who cares. Haters gonna hate

Trust me when I say the U of A is in a good place. My connections run very deep on the alumni side. Don’t let Greg Hansen make you think different
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Newportcat wrote:
The president, our AD and the board of regents all feel the story is fake
They know it's fake.
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

To me it sounds like Miller will go down. Book ran wild on his watch and when the evidence comes out I'm afraid that Miller will not come out unscathed. The program will get hit hard and a new coach will be hired. Dark days for Arizona basketball.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Tatanka wrote:To me it sounds like Miller will go down. Book ran wild on his watch and when the evidence comes out I'm afraid that Miller will not come out unscathed. The program will get hit hard and a new coach will be hired. Dark days for Arizona basketball.
What’s the story or evidence you’re seeing that brings you to that conclusion?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Tatanka wrote:To me it sounds like Miller will go down. Book ran wild on his watch and when the evidence comes out I'm afraid that Miller will not come out unscathed. The program will get hit hard and a new coach will be hired. Dark days for Arizona basketball.

Sorry this is just wrong. TRUST ME on this. Just wrong
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

The musings on the inside say much different. I've braced myself for the storm. I can only be responsible for me. Can't say you weren't warned.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Is it September 2017 again?
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Tatanka wrote:The musings on the inside say much different. I've braced myself for the storm. I can only be responsible for me. Can't say you weren't warned.
I think Chef Bort found himself a new sock.
Formerly McLurvin
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Tatanka wrote:The musings on the inside say much different. I've braced myself for the storm. I can only be responsible for me. Can't say you weren't warned.
Funny because I have multiple sources on the inside saying the exact opposite
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Does Tatanka work for ESPN?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

My theory is that Tatanka is Tate The Great's sock.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BBQ wildcat wrote:My theory is that Tatanka is Tate The Great's sock.
I think it’s Carcassdragger.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bosy
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Complete load of Sitting Bull.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Chief, I know this is you and you need to stick to football recruiting where you have legit connections and know what you are talking about.

Regarding Sean Miller, you have no clue. None. Quit this crap. There is no truth to it. I hate saying this as I know it comes across as arrogant but I am very well connected with the big donors at U of A. I have heard none of this from any of them. In fact it’s been the exact opposite.
prh

Post by prh »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

Newportcat wrote:
Chief, I know this is you and you need to stick to football recruiting where you have legit connections and know what you are talking about.

Regarding Sean Miller, you have no clue. None. Quit this crap. There is no truth to it. I hate saying this as I know it comes across as arrogant but I am very well connected with the big donors at U of A. I have heard none of this from any of them. In fact it’s been the exact opposite.

I’m native but not a chief. I’m just a part of the tribe. I’m a Arizona fan through and through and I hope what you’re saying is true.
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

catgrad97 wrote:

Lots of racists on this board.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Tatanka wrote:
Newportcat wrote:

I’m native but not a chief. I’m just a part of the tribe. I’m a Arizona fan through and through and I hope what you’re saying is true.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Tatanka wrote: I’m native but not a chief. I’m just a part of the tribe. I’m a Arizona fan through and through and I hope what you’re saying is true.
What's real interesting about this poster....other than his posting style which already mirrors a certain someone....and other than his name being in the same vein as a certain someone....is this:

OTHER USERS POSTING FROM THIS IP
chiefzona
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Tatanka wrote: I’m native but not a chief. I’m just a part of the tribe. I’m a Arizona fan through and through and I hope what you’re saying is true.
What's real interesting about this poster....other than his posting style which already mirrors a certain someone....and other than his name being in the same vein as a certain someone....is this:

chiefzona
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:lol:
athlete armory

Post by athlete armory »

Chief and I own a business together and I know the guy better than anyone. Chief isn’t posting on here or any other message board. He is on Twitter. Also, anyone who knows Chief knows that he doesn’t care about Arizona basketball nor knows anything about it. He’s all about Arizona football. Chief has no filter nor has ever hid his feelings about anything. If he was going to debate about anything, he’d post on his chiefzona account. I think most of you know that. He thanks you for keeping his legend alive and is happy you guys still think about him. If you miss him that much just DM him on Twitter and say hi. Chief is friendly. Thanks guys!
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Chicat wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:My theory is that Tatanka is Tate The Great's sock.
I think it’s Carcassdragger.

Not me brother. Matter of fact, I haven't been following along much lately and only vaguely know what you guys are discussing. I'll just say that the known facts about the basketball program, specifically that a assistant coach was served a federal warrant, happened on Miller's watch. Sports exist, along with exorbitant salaries paid to coaches, to promote a university, not make it look like a criminal enterprise. Me thinks Miller has not been held enough accountable.

Damn, starting to really look forward to football season.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Newportcat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

chiefzona

I was once accused of being Joe Healey, the son of the asu radio play by play guy, because our IP was the same because we worked at the same company that employed 10s of thousands of people. Doesn't necessary mean they are the same as anyone who knows me knows my hate for asu.

and if Joe Healey sounds familiar, he is one of the owner of the bar that refused to let U of A fans in during the U of A Basketball game in Tempe and also the leader of the people who call to threaten bars in Tempe that host U of A events.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

athlete armory wrote:Chief and I own a business together and I know the guy better than anyone. Chief isn’t posting on here or any other message board. He is on Twitter. Also, anyone who knows Chief knows that he doesn’t care about Arizona basketball nor knows anything about it. He’s all about Arizona football. Chief has no filter nor has ever hid his feelings about anything. If he was going to debate about anything, he’d post on his chiefzona account. I think most of you know that. He thanks you for keeping his legend alive and is happy you guys still think about him. If you miss him that much just DM him on Twitter and say hi. Chief is friendly. Thanks guys!
Hi Chief! This is fun.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

:lol:
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

chiefzona
Yikes.... how many people does he own a business with...
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

There are reasons multiple different people might show as posting from the same IP.

I just find it funny and awfully coincidental in some cases (when combined with other factors such as name choice, posting style, word usage, etc.)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Did anyone really think Chief was going to stay away? Personally he always makes me laugh so I'm glad he's back. As far as the same IP, I've been convinced for over a year now that Chief lives in Greg Hanson's basement. Heaven only knows who all is stealing Hanson's wifi. I kind of feel the same way carcassdragger feels. We don't know the entire story yet but Miller needs to be a bit more accountable.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

athlete armory wrote:Chief and I own a business together and I know the guy better than anyone. Chief isn’t posting on here or any other message board. He is on Twitter. Also, anyone who knows Chief knows that he doesn’t care about Arizona basketball nor knows anything about it. He’s all about Arizona football. Chief has no filter nor has ever hid his feelings about anything. If he was going to debate about anything, he’d post on his chiefzona account. I think most of you know that. He thanks you for keeping his legend alive and is happy you guys still think about him. If you miss him that much just DM him on Twitter and say hi. Chief is friendly. Thanks guys!
Dumbest post ever in the history of this message board
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

chiefzona
So, maybe they go to the same coffee shop?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

RichardCranium wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

chiefzona
So, maybe they go to the same coffee shop?
see the post 2 up from yours

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

this post is so weird

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Tatanka wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

Lots of racists on this board.
Please do point them out, along with examples of their racism, so that they might receive that which is coming to them.

ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Stop Percycuting the poor guy.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

And stop highjacking Heeke's thread. No one cares who posts or not.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Heeke with his first National Championship!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

So cool he could be there to keep the trophy out of Byrne's hands.

-JB
FlyonWall

Post by FlyonWall »

Newportcat wrote:
Not anymore.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

FlyonWall wrote:
Newportcat wrote:
Not anymore.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Good job Dave. Now get Hansen fired!
-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I've enjoyed almost everything I've heard from Heeke