Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

The New Uniforms

Post by Longhorned »

84Cat

Re: The New Uniforms

Post by 84Cat »

Yes, Going old school!
Last edited by 84Cat on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

"Finally
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm in love.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

[youtube]3hrccX5NpEo[/youtube]
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

I like all of them except the second one
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

Another example of basketball > football.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Second one looks weird, is the only difference between far right and left is 'cats' is in blue?
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

Far right is primarily grey. Makes me think of the platinum and pink ZONA specials.
Last edited by In re UofA on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Is the 5th one grey? Not a huge fan of that, but otherwise.....awesome.

I assume the "skyline" shadow pattern on the back is gone?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Awesome, love the white/red white/blue
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Like I said in the other thread, I love the new white uniforms. Kind of a modern upgrade of the old ones.

Red lines on the blue and blue lines on the red will take some getting used to.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Salty

Post by Salty »

Looks great
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'd like to extend my enthusiasm, but I'm still not seeing any tassels.
BMalo

Post by BMalo »

CATS is down the left side of the shorts and the A is on the right. The design on the back is supposedly bigger, taking up the entire back. The one on the far right is gray.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

azthrillhouse wrote:I assume the "skyline" shadow pattern on the back is gone?
http://www.arizonawildcats.com/ViewArti ... =209609092
The jerseys, which will expand the team’s existing cactus-based aerographic over the entire back, are durable and breathable for sweat management while also maximizing range of motion with articulated armholes.
Nope. Still there. :) Wish they'd give us a look at the new backs.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I've been telling Nike to do this for a long time and it's nice that they finally listened. You're my boy, Phil.

It's a nice update on the classic look. I'd rather have a gray alternate than a black one.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Nothing not to like here!

I want to see the back as well.
Junior

Post by Junior »

Those are sweet!!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

No football style gradients? No duct tape on the shoulders?

LOVE THEM!!!!!

Blue and red are really sharp.

BearDownBaby sighting!

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Looks like I've got some shopping to do in the near future. These are sweet, can't wait to get at least 3 new pairs of the shorts. Prolly snag a red jersey since that's the only thing I don't have currently
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

AZCatGirl wrote:
The jerseys, which will expand the team’s existing cactus-based aerographic over the entire back, are durable and breathable for sweat management while also maximizing range of motion with articulated armholes.
Annnnnddddd...... I'm no longer in love. Although I still have feelings for them. It's complicated.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
KCF

Post by KCF »

I love it
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Chicat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
Annnnnddddd...... I'm no longer in love. Although I still have feelings for them. It's complicated.
You are putting them in Friendzone? I feel bad for the Uni's.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Chicat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
That's where I'm at. I need to see it before passing judgement, but would have been happier w/ a simple back as well.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I came.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Interesting. Last years shorts are super light. Our guys are gonna feel naked out there
The Nike Elite Fit 2.0 uniforms were created with innovation at the forefront of the process, fusing lightweight technology and enhanced fit to maximize performance. The jerseys, which will expand the team’s existing cactus-based aerographic over the entire back, are durable and breathable for sweat management while also maximizing range of motion with articulated armholes.

The four-way stretch woven shorts feature laser perforations and ventilation throughout for breathability and maximum movement, as well as heat transfer color details and a fuller hemline for added mobility. Use of innovative technology has led to a 66 percent weight reduction in the shorts, as well as the ability to dry 30 percent faster than comparable shorts.

The side paneling and trim of the new uniforms pay tribute to the uniforms the Wildcats wore for roughly a decade beginning in the mid-1990’s, a period that cemented Arizona’s place among the nation’s elite college basketball programs.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:Interesting. Last years shorts are super light. Our guys are gonna feel naked out there
The Nike Elite Fit 2.0 uniforms were created with innovation at the forefront of the process, fusing lightweight technology and enhanced fit to maximize performance. The jerseys, which will expand the team’s existing cactus-based aerographic over the entire back, are durable and breathable for sweat management while also maximizing range of motion with articulated armholes.

The four-way stretch woven shorts feature laser perforations and ventilation throughout for breathability and maximum movement, as well as heat transfer color details and a fuller hemline for added mobility. Use of innovative technology has led to a 66 percent weight reduction in the shorts, as well as the ability to dry 30 percent faster than comparable shorts.

The side paneling and trim of the new uniforms pay tribute to the uniforms the Wildcats wore for roughly a decade beginning in the mid-1990’s, a period that cemented Arizona’s place among the nation’s elite college basketball programs.
Nike has been a leader in the advancement of ultralight uniform materials that make it apparent for a several block radius when the wearer gets even the slightest hint of an erection.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

azthrillhouse wrote:Is the 5th one grey? Not a huge fan of that, but otherwise.....awesome.

I like them overall, sharp really, but I'm now convinced after some back and forth on Facebook that the 5th "gray" one on the right is actually a white one doctored in Photoshop to look "grey", as maybe they didn't have it at time of photo shoot. Either way, the "gray" looks redundant, and a bit silly - Never liked gray as a "neutral" - but whatever ...
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Reydituto wrote:
azthrillhouse wrote:Is the 5th one grey? Not a huge fan of that, but otherwise.....awesome.

I like them overall, sharp really, but I'm now convinced after some back and forth on Facebook that the 5th "gray" one on the right is actually a white one doctored in Photoshop to look "grey", as maybe they didn't have it at time of photo shoot. Either way, the "gray" looks redundant, and a bit silly - Never liked gray as a "neutral" - but whatever ...
At least we didn't go black. Black is way overdone nowadays.

In the freeze frame, the gray uniform just looks like dude is in the dark. I kind of regret purchasing some shorts/jerseys given that I think this is a return to a long term look (at least hopefully) for us.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

AZCatGirl wrote:Like I said in the other thread, I love the new white uniforms. Kind of a modern upgrade of the old ones.

Red lines on the blue and blue lines on the red will take some getting used to.
I 100% agree with everything you have said here.
The first two so remind me of the past and I love that!!! the others are definitely better than what we've had so far but the first two hit it out the park for me.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Jefe wrote:Interesting. Last years shorts are super light. Our guys are gonna feel naked out there

Nike has been a leader in the advancement of ultralight uniform materials that make it apparent for a several block radius when the wearer gets even the slightest hint of an erection.
...it's about time that Hassan Adams photo made an appearance here...
prh

Post by prh »

Reydituto wrote:

If you look closely at the 5th one, you'll find that the Arizona is blue with red outline, and both the white ones are red with blue outline. I haven't seen any discussion besides what's here but why is anyone talking about a photoshoot? The images are clearly a Photoshop that just gets exported with different colors under the textures, and the video just uses those as well. Are there more pictures or videos I haven't seen?
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Great look. Even taking the white out of the blue/red unis is growing on me.

I don't think #5 is grey. The whole image on the right is darker. Shoes, socks and arm-sleeve too.

I just don't like #1. Having ARIZONA & ## the opposite color of the rest of the uniform looks like Arizona to me. All red and white with no blue anywhere just looks like anyone else. Wiscy or Arkansas or Stanford etc.

But overall looks great, even #1. They updated the classics without copying it.
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Sage&Silver wrote:Great look. Even taking the white out of the blue/red unis is growing on me.

I don't think #5 is grey. The whole image on the right is darker. Shoes, socks and arm-sleeve too.

I just don't like #1. Having ARIZONA & ## the opposite color of the rest of the uniform looks like Arizona to me. All red and white with no blue anywhere just looks like anyone else. Wiscy or Arkansas or Stanford etc.

But overall looks great, even #1. They updated the classics without copying it.
#1 has Arizona outlined in blue and there's also blue lines on the shorts.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Reydituto wrote:

You're an articulated armhole.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
lol...yeah...same here. Will need to see em all the way around, with better pics. But the front view...sure is purty.

As for that one pic already...first thought on the far right one was "oh, they included some dirty uniforms too?" Like they forgot to add the bleach to that load or something.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I kind of regret purchasing some shorts/jerseys given that I think this is a return to a long term look (at least hopefully) for us.
nah it's all good, just buy some more! Your current ones have got to be a little worn down at this point, right?

I plan on getting at least two pairs of authentic (probably blue and red) and, unlike most, hope that they do come with the pockets since I prefer to wear them around rather than play basketball in them (since I play like 1/month max). I love that the whites i got this year have pockets, comes in really handy when I want to be lazy but have to leave the house
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I kind of regret purchasing some shorts/jerseys given that I think this is a return to a long term look (at least hopefully) for us.
nah it's all good, just buy some more! Your current ones have got to be a little worn down at this point, right?

I plan on getting at least two pairs of authentic (probably blue and red) and, unlike most, hope that they do come with the pockets since I prefer to wear them around rather than play basketball in them (since I play like 1/month max). I love that the whites i got this year have pockets, comes in really handy when I want to be lazy but have to leave the house
Agree on the pockets. I love the newer ones I have that I can actually wear like regular shorts around town. But I still have a pair of the Blue ones from 2003 that I wear around the house, to bed, etc. Nothing is more classic and comfy. In 11 years of having those shorts the things those shorts have seen. Could you imagine if they could talk?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I still have a pair of blue ones too that are from 2004 that I wear around the house (little too small now...i was 160 lbs when I bought them..good job elastic)
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Never change these uniforms again. I think Nike finally nailed the Arizona basketball look.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

#5 is grey, probably going to look like this

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:

I'm all about the pockets. Arizona game shorts are appropriate attire for 99% of Tucson events, and the remaining 1% I don't want to attend. Need a place for the keys, wallet and cell.

If a restaurant looks down on my U of A game shorts, that restaurant doesn't get my money.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:If a restaurant looks down on my U of A game shorts, that restaurant doesn't get my money.
I don't believe you.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:If a restaurant looks down on my U of A game shorts, that restaurant doesn't get my money.
I don't believe you.
I am not a fancy man, and I enjoy high performance, extra light material billowing around my legs as I dine.

I put on suit/tux pants for my wedding, but wore red Wildcat shorts until minutes before pre-wedding pictures. Plus, Subway doesn't really have much of a dress code.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Denny's, on the other hand...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

catgrad97 wrote:Denny's, on the other hand...
They don't have an issue with showing up in boxers, so I don't overcomplicate things.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

So awesome. The only thing I'd prefer other than the grey in #5 is red with white trim. 9 kinds of absolute win in those Uni's.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hate the awful 6th grade design. I would much rather have the old cactus design Lute favored.