Allow Beachcat to stay?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Should BeachCat be able to post going forward?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:03 pm

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 88

Chicat

Allow Beachcat to stay?

Post by Chicat »

The long and the short of it was that for over a week Beachcat had a bet with the board that if Arizona beat UCLA he would disappear forever. You all know the outcome of the game. He disappeared for like 14 hours.

Can he stay? Poll lasts 48 hours.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Re: Allow Beachcat to stay?

Post by ChooChooCat »

Meh you can't make a statement like "I'll leave this site forever if Arizona beats UCLA" and show up the next day saying "I decided to stay." I say give him a season long suspension and let him back during the offseason. There has to be a punishment for bitching out of a bet like that.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Have him buy the board a round of drinks, let him back in on probation status for 3 weeks. Review hearings every 5 days for input. Other conditions as needed. Chi acts as monitor. :lol:

Re admission must include a public apology. 8-)
prh

Post by prh »

Maybe if he at least attempted to contribute and just had bad takes (like somebody from football who got banned)...but this year he's just been blatantly trolling and polluting every basketball thread. The entire basketball forum has already been much higher quality in just two days.

p.s. and no, not advocating for the return of the football poster, as he had other issues-- just using for comparison
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Condition of readmission would be actually contributing more than trolling with negativity.

Let him back, and the second it reverts to the way he has been posting lately, bye. If he was actually contributing to discussions, I could overlook the ban bet. He keeps with with the troll, he called his shot and now he lives with it.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I would allow him to return AFTER this basketball season (tourney included). I agree with Choo about how he went about it. He should have been contrite but instead was defiant. Must pay for that. He brought this on himself.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Absolutely not. He hasn't contributed a single positive thing this year besides saying, upon his return, "that was a great win". I prefer enfuego, at least he doesn't pretend to be an Arizona fan
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Let him back April 3rd
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Only way I'd allow him back if he's like Fuegs was on GoAz and only allowed to post in the arch rivals section aka the UCLA thread. Other than that I'm over seeing him turn every thread into a UCLA discussion
teemackdee

Post by teemackdee »

Let him back after the NBA draft and next season on a one strike and you're out.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Why is the burden on the board to decide? He decided that if Arizona beats UCLA, he's gone forever. That he'd come back after that and reneg on his own decision, and equate anyone's disagreement with his surprise move as being somehow adolescent, is just furthering his trolling and not being what he claims to be. I agree that we can't just oust from the community anybody who trolls and annoys us ceaselessly from 2004 to 2017, but when that person announces the terms of his own departure, there's no point in us hurting ourselves to bring him back. I mean, he's literally the worst, and this is a further example of it.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

He should be gone for at least the season. His posts never bothered me, but a bet is a bet.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I don't care. But if he is allowed back we should limit him to only allow him to post in the Travel / Leisure forum
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

I have uncanny timing. I've never blocked or "foe'd" anyone and I finally decide to do it with BC something like a day or two before he starts in with his bet. I feel like I missed all of the best his presence had to offer over the last few months. That's about right.

I hate the idea of blacklisting anyone, but holy shit I agree with LH here. It was his call. Let him go annoy someone else. See ya later with your "zero chance" ass.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

In all fairness, he did make the bet before Trier returned, which he could have made a condition of before.

But I don't recall him making personal attacks on any poster, just stupid comments.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

agree that he did himself a real disservice with by coming back after the ucla game with "sorry, not sorry" but am still on board with unbanning him after the season. his bf lonzo will be gone anyway. granted, BC may also have a thing for alfor's little balls coming in, but that's what the block feature is for.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:In all fairness, he did make the bet before Trier returned, which he could have made a condition of before.

But I don't recall him making personal attacks on any poster, just stupid comments.
He also specified that Trier's possible return wouldn't affect the 0% chance that Arizona would beat UCLA.
ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

Nope. Nobody forced him to make the deal - he did it of his own free will. Hell, he didn't even wait 24 hours before proclaiming "(I've) decided I'll be sticking around." He doesn't get to decide.

IF he had ever contributed substantive material, then maybe it could have been considered after a long absence. But he is just a troll that pollutes the board. And a message board is only as good as its weakest contributors.

Perma-ban
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

ChooChooCat wrote:Meh you can't make a statement like "I'll leave this site forever if Arizona beats UCLA" and show up the next day saying "I decided to stay." I say give him a season long suspension and let him back during the offseason. There has to be a punishment for bitching out of a bet like that.
total enfuego move on his part
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

BC97 wouldn't have been the first person I'd have banned if I were supreme lord dictator of the website. However....
Longhorned wrote:Why is the burden on the board to decide? He decided that if Arizona beats UCLA, he's gone forever. That he'd come back after that and reneg on his own decision, and equate anyone's disagreement with his surprise move as being somehow adolescent, is just furthering his trolling and not being what he claims to be. I agree that we can't just oust from the community anybody who trolls and annoys us ceaselessly from 2004 to 2017, but when that person announces the terms of his own departure, there's no point in us hurting ourselves to bring him back. I mean, he's literally the worst, and this is a further example of it.
I agree with all of LH's post--with the minor exception of BC being "the worst", as I believe there are worse posters than him--and thus I say keep him banned. He made his bed, let him sleep in it.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I would never make any type of bet against my own team
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Alieberman wrote:I would never make any type of bet against my own team
I've picked against Arizona in tourney pools. That's as far as I would go.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

If he's allowed back we should have control over his username and what we want to change it to.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Although not as bad as rocky, rise and all the others. Whey you make a bet, you have to live with it. Vegas doesn't offer refunds.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Looks like he's losing the popular vote badly. How's he doing in the electoral college?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Concern trolls are the worst, so he needs to honor his bet and be gone.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

MrMeow wrote:Looks like he's losing the popular vote badly. How's he doing in the electoral college?
losing bigly
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

splitsecond wrote:
MrMeow wrote:Looks like he's losing the popular vote badly. How's he doing in the electoral college?
losing bigly
Can we make Cordera a third party candidate?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

MrMeow wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
losing bigly
Can we make Cordera a third party candidate?
:lol:
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

splitsecond wrote:
losing bigly
I vote for weighting the poll more for posters in Nevada, Illinois, Indiana, and the California Central Coast.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I always felt if someone's posting bothered me, I could add them to the foe list. He did make a bet, and should honor it. I say let him stay, but if he reverts to the whole "These things happen," "Woe is us," then the ban happens.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Gilbertcat wrote:Although not as bad as rocky, rise and all the others. Whey you make a bet, you have to live with it. Vegas doesn't offer refunds.
Personally I think rise and fire is a worse poster/troller, but he only posts after losses, so we don't get offended by the volume.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Whose nest, how about those that just come here to disparage PJC?

What's to keep him from coming back with a new handle? Extremely simple matter to get a new email.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:What's to keep him from coming back with a new handle? Extremely simple matter to get a new email.
Yeah but UA Devil uses a 10" cubical dissectometer that extrudes the data fossil for your posting location, and it's aimed at Riverside.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

You lose a bet, you lose a bet. End of story.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Longhorned wrote:
Merkin wrote:What's to keep him from coming back with a new handle? Extremely simple matter to get a new email.
Yeah but UA Devil uses a 10" cubical dissectometer that extrudes the data fossil for your posting location, and it's aimed at Riverside.
Banning an IP address won't do any good for anyone who knows what he is doing. It is possible to change an IP address. Failing that one can easily use a proxy server or a VPN service and change their IP address every time they post. There really isn't any fool proof way to prevent someone from coming back.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Alieberman wrote:I would never make any type of bet against my own team
I've picked against Arizona in tourney pools. That's as far as I would go.
Ban!

(I had Oklahoma in 1988, but Arizona was already taken! Damn you, Danny Manning! This calls for banning en fuego!)
Last edited by gumby on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right where I want to be.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Longhorned wrote:
Just hit him with the orgasmatron.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

People need to take responsibility for their actions - ba-bye BC.

He can petition for re-instatement only after the Cats reach the Final Four. That way he can do a true self-assessment and work on becoming a true Az fan.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

With our small and contentious population, it be foolish to ban one the main scapegoats and high volume posters. Considering there are so many horrible people here.

Much more hilarious Ideas:
1) Forced name change. "Beachcat Loves UCLA", "AlwaysWrongCat" . Maybe we can have a vote for his forced name change!

2) Scarlet letter avatar, reminding all of his shameful display.

3) Exile him to the Arch-Rivals as the only basketball forum he can post.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

He'd just flame Bug if he came back.
gumby

Post by gumby »

1stNGrant Frys wrote:With our small and contentious population, it be foolish to ban one the main scapegoats and high volume posters. Considering there are so many horrible people here.

1) Forced name change. "Beachcat Loves UCLA", "AlwaysWrongCat" . Maybe we can have a vote for his forced name change!

I love the Scarlett Letter idea. He comes back, but we name him. A constant reminder.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

1stNGrant Frys wrote:With our small and contentious population, it be foolish to ban one the main scapegoats and high volume posters. Considering there are so many horrible people here.

Just so we are clear, he wasn't banned because he's a horrible member of the community (although he certainly was). He was banned because he made a bet and lost.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I like the scarlet letter idea.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I disagree that there are "so many horrible people here" ... though I don't hit all the forums. Think that is true of other sites, though.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

gumby wrote:I disagree that there are "so many horrible people here" ... though I don't hit all the forums. Think that is true of other sites, though.

Everyone is horrible. In the way we have all argued with each other for the past 10 years about the same topics, like how a beaten dog of a man looks at his old battle axe of a wife.

But everyone is fresh and shiny again, like a mistress who is getting deported soon, if we take my scarlet letter idea!

1 / 21 NEVER FORGET BEACHCAT
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Also, we should all say SHAME SHAME SHAME next time he posts
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

scumdevils86 wrote:Let him back April 3rd
This is the very least.

I've been on many sports websites with Elimiation/Extinction-Level Bets and they all honored it. And, BCs was unsolicited.

And it was against his fandom.

Never go against the fandom and expect sympathy.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Make him post in the football forum and only about AZ football :)

His words/takes would fit there
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

TucsonClip wrote:If he's allowed back we should have control over his username and what we want to change it to.
this is a given haha