Suggested Rituals for Tourney

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Suggested Rituals for Tourney

Post by azgreg »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:Started with my red jersey, then realized that Ohio State was wearing red and ran over and threw on the blue just as we were tipping off. Realized the blue wasn't working about halfway through the first half and said to myself "fuck it Ohio State can't dictate the color jersey I wear!" so I threw on the red, and that did a decent job until halftime (this is all while wearing the white shorts, of course). Halftime threw on the #13 NJ white jersey and the rest is history.
So you're contending that it was your white jersey, not my removal of my pants that made the difference? That sounds like a challenge if I ever heard one.
With our powers combined......
Which one are you?

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

The red power ranger was recently arrested for homicide.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I had such a creepy uncle mad crush on Amy Joe Johnson.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Holy crap! She's 44 years old now. God damn it!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Merkin wrote:I had such a creepy uncle mad crush on Amy Joe Johnson.

You a Paul Rudd fan too?

I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Paul Rudd is banging a Power ranger?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Cat ran under the TV entertainment system and midway through the first and didn't come out till after the game.

I'd like to credit him for doing his part.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

My best friend has a long running history or attending the last 3 elite 8 games. He just text me last night telling me that if/when we win in Thursday he will be going to the elite 8 game Saturday. Should I sabotage their vehicle?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

yes
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Our fate is in your hands. Your friend is the anti-Christ

Do whatever it takes to stop him
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

azgreg wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:Started with my red jersey, then realized that Ohio State was wearing red and ran over and threw on the blue just as we were tipping off. Realized the blue wasn't working about halfway through the first half and said to myself "fuck it Ohio State can't dictate the color jersey I wear!" so I threw on the red, and that did a decent job until halftime (this is all while wearing the white shorts, of course). Halftime threw on the #13 NJ white jersey and the rest is history.
So you're contending that it was your white jersey, not my removal of my pants that made the difference? That sounds like a challenge if I ever heard one.
With our powers combined......
Which one are you?

NO God dammit! That was a Captain Planet reference! How could you mistake that for power rangers? how do you even know what power rangers said? I'm starting to question you, sir. :D
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

When games start, my wife goes into mid-century mode and pours her husband a beer. It occurred to me that she's trying to calm me down for her own benefit. The beer eventually just turns warm and flat as I stomp, yell, and gesticulate.

Do you actually drink during games? Or is that just something you're supposed to say on a message board? Should I start drinking for games? Does it enhance the experience in the same way that drinking improves dinner parties? I don't know if I could drink alone during an Arizona game even if I intended to, because I'd keep forgetting to take a sip.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

To attempt to gain the advantage this year, I decided to face my demons to free myself from fear.

When you re-watch the 2005 Illinois game it still really sucks. When we were up 8 with a minute to play, I caught myself thinking we could pull it off. I watched that debacle until the bitter end, though. That is a powerful demon if you are an Arizona fan. I'd probably have been better off watching the video from the Ring.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:To attempt to gain the advantage this year, I decided to face my demons to free myself from fear.

When you re-watch the 2005 Illinois game it still really sucks. When we were up 8 with a minute to play, I caught myself thinking we could pull it off. I watched that debacle until the bitter end, though. That is a powerful demon if you are an Arizona fan. I'd probably have been better off watching the video from the Ring.
I watched the last 5 minutes of that game about 2 years ago. It still hurt every bit as it did back in 2005. I will never watch it again.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

WildcatStunner wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:To attempt to gain the advantage this year, I decided to face my demons to free myself from fear.

I watched the last 5 minutes of that game about 2 years ago. It still hurt every bit as it did back in 2005. I will never watch it again.
I'm not going to re-watch that game. I live in Champaign and I have to relive that game every time I'm in a bar and somebody notices that I'm rooting for Arizona. They interrupt my game to go through every detail of how it unfolded, and how much "that asshole coach of yours" deserved it.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Man...I haven't and will never watch that game again
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:Man...I haven't and will never watch that game again
Same here.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Son made me this in his engineering class. Laser cut into a block of wood. I knock on it before games.

Right where I want to be.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Very nice gumby,
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Longhorned wrote:When games start, my wife goes into mid-century mode and pours her husband a beer. It occurred to me that she's trying to calm me down for her own benefit. The beer eventually just turns warm and flat as I stomp, yell, and gesticulate.

Do you actually drink during games? Or is that just something you're supposed to say on a message board? Should I start drinking for games? Does it enhance the experience in the same way that drinking improves dinner parties? I don't know if I could drink alone during an Arizona game even if I intended to, because I'd keep forgetting to take a sip.
I do, but I try to avoid it in big games. I'm a yeller, a cusser, I throw things, etc. So the little self control I have is lost if I have too many drinks. You try to tell yourself, 1 or 2 to take the edge off and ease your anxiety. But you never stop at two. You either blow the team out and drink in celebration, or the game gets tenser and you need more to keep you sane.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lute would approve.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Bynum, Lattimore, Rogers, Hot Sauce?

Who is 22, a coach? Or is that Gardner with his head shaved?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

scumdevils86 wrote:Man...I haven't and will never watch that game again
I've been avoiding it for 10 years. **** that, I'm not running scared any more.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Gardner is my guess. Gutsy move by C-Rod and Hassan wearing headbands.
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:Gardner is my guess. Gutsy move by C-Rod and Hassan wearing headbands.
That's the socks shoulder tat on Gardner, I'm pretty sure

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:Gardner is my guess. Gutsy move by C-Rod and Hassan wearing headbands.
I don't remember JG's dome being that shiny (remember when he dyed his hair red?), but my memory as usual has faded.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:When games start, my wife goes into mid-century mode and pours her husband a beer. It occurred to me that she's trying to calm me down for her own benefit. The beer eventually just turns warm and flat as I stomp, yell, and gesticulate.

I didn't drink in the first half of the Xavier game. We all know how that turned out.

Cracked a beer at halftime, we win the second half and move on. That's not a coincidence.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Chicat wrote:

I didn't drink in the first half of the Xavier game. We all know how that turned out.

Cracked a beer at halftime, we win the second half and move on. That's not a coincidence.
Thanks for your sacrifice, friend!
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

My friend who is the curse at elite 8 games watches the game with me last night. He decided he is not going to the elite 8 game this year. Took some convincing on my part, but I got it done.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Thanks for your sacrifice, friend!
Well, I don't like to throw around the word "hero".......
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

WildcatStunner wrote:My friend who is the curse at elite 8 games watches the game with me last night. He decided he is not going to the elite 8 game this year. Took some convincing on my part, but I got it done.
WOW you just got me even more excited for Saturday. Good work, now let's BTFD. Hope you're at least going to watch the E8 game with him if he isn't going to be attending
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

UPS was the real MVP last night

They delivered my U of A order before the game started. In that package was the shirt I changed into during the under 8 timeout.

A 19-7 run followed. At some point it stops being a coincidence.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

WildcatStunner wrote:My friend who is the curse at elite 8 games watches the game with me last night. He decided he is not going to the elite 8 game this year. Took some convincing on my part, but I got it done.
You sir... are a true fan. If we win tomorrow night, it is your lifelong duty to keep this friend from all post-season Cats games.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

We watched the game at a spot where I have watched every big game this year (we are undefeated there). After the game I told him that this means he can't go to the elite 8, and that we have to watch that game at the same spot. He agreed, called his wife and told her they should save money and not go to the elite 8. he said that he doesn't want to stop a good thing.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Where's the body buried?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

At the under eight timeout, I changed into white and black checkered pjs from the dwill era edition of white bb shorts, and into a white t shirt from my new UofA shirt which I got for tourney season.

Also started drinking a serious Malbec at the half.

Question : do I wash the new shirt or continue to let it ride. Until the 8mjnute mark last night I have worn it for every pac12 and ncaa tourny game.
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

CalStateTempe wrote:At the under eight timeout, I changed into white and black checkered pjs from the dwill era edition of white bb shorts, and into a white t shirt from my new UofA shirt which I got for tourney season.

Also started drinking a serious Malbec at the half.

Question : do I wash the new shirt or continue to let it ride. Until the 8mjnute mark last night I have worn it for every pac12 and ncaa tourny game.
I've got the same dilemma. Do I go with old faithful (NJ practice jersey & '97 shorts) that have gotten us this far? Or do I let the new shirt/shorts ride?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Choose wisely gentlemen, the fate of the universe rides on your shoulders.

- Bill Walton
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Wake up tomorrow morning, take a deep breath, and with great ceremony, open up a beer and solemnly pour it down the sink. It is time.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:Wake up tomorrow morning, take a deep breath, and with great ceremony, open up a beer and solemnly pour it down the sink. It is time.
I do think we all need to make some sort of sacrifice before tomorrow's game.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

As I discovered last night, the only downside to watching a game in only your boxers is when you get mad at the refs for calling ticky tack contact when Zeus pokes the ball away from Stainbrook in the post is that you can't rip your shirt off and spike it in anger.

My wife thought it was odd that I ripped my boxers off and was screaming at the TV in a naked rage. At this point, though, I think she's resigned to her fate.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

In those situations, before my wife can say anything I try to scream out "For Better or Worse.... For Better or Worse!"
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

When I'm around you guys, I feel sane. Thank you for that.