dmjcat

Re: 2017 Recruiting Class

Post by dmjcat »

2017 Point Guard recruit in town tomorrow for Stanford game

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... cial-visit
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Never knew there was also a Mater Dei in Chula Vista...
gumby

Post by gumby »

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketbal ... bamba.html
The Westtown sophomore and member of the PSA Cardinals EYBL team is from New York City but attends school in West Chester, Pa.
Get on it, Shimmy.
Right where I want to be.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Gordy, Herm Harris and Rondae. That's enough history for me to say get this kid
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Only if the UA pep band promises to not play the La Bamba riff every time he scores.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Jaylen Hands and DJ Harvey please. Add a center and a PF like Lee or Riley and as of today that kind of class sounds good to me.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:Only if the UA pep band promises to not play the La Bamba riff every time he scores.
Only when we play the Lobos.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

gumby wrote: http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketbal ... bamba.html
The Westtown sophomore and member of the PSA Cardinals EYBL team is from New York City but attends school in West Chester, Pa.
Get on it, Shimmy.
Not saying anything at all about this kid or his potential, but I wanted to let you west coast guys know that there is a HUGE difference between Chester, PA and west Chester County. Trust me, my wife is from West Chester...
gumby

Post by gumby »

See, you just can't get that kind of information elsewhere.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

This new Findlay Prep kid is amazing. Markus Howard, incredible game for a Soph

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

We have not offered him yet! When was the last a Findlay kid went to ASSU? He got game though!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The southwest is a hotbed of basketball talent and burritos and stuff like that.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

This will probably be the recruiting battle between Miller and Hurley that defines Bobby's ASU tenure.

Already seeing signs with Sam Duane Jr. that ASU is willing to work every angle to get Barcello and Bagley.

Otherwise Miller will essentially walk in and steal them right out of the Sun Devils' backyard, and I think most ASU boosters would sell their souls before allowing that to happen.

Be prepared for some new bad blood to rise up in the recruitment of those two.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Barcello is a secondary option in 2017 for Arizona and maybe even ASU. Not sure why you think he is some battleground recruit.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Package deal.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Package deal? As in Barcello and Bagley are a package deal? Are you reading Zagoria or something to get wrong information?
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

catgrad97 wrote:This will probably be the recruiting battle between Miller and Hurley that defines Bobby's ASU tenure.

Already seeing signs with Sam Duane Jr. that ASU is willing to work every angle to get Barcello and Bagley.

Otherwise Miller will essentially walk in and steal them right out of the Sun Devils' backyard, and I think most ASU boosters would sell their souls before allowing that to happen.

What can ASU do about it? Nothing. Chill out.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ZONACAT wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:This will probably be the recruiting battle between Miller and Hurley that defines Bobby's ASU tenure.

What can ASU do about it? Nothing. Chill out.
Yeah what ASU boosters exist that would prevent Barcello and Bagley from attending any other worthwhile program in the nation that would be recruiting them? If ASU had actual powerful basketball boosters then they would have had a program worth half a crap the past 30 years and guys like Jeff Capel wouldn't be turning them down. Frankly if Barcello doesn't end up at Arizona then I would bet high dollar he'd go out of state. Bagley I suppose there's always a chance he Ivan Rabbs it and goes with the hometown school solely due to past connections with family (I believe), but I don't think Bagley has any of the disillusions that Rabb had in regards to being the guy to turn around his hometown school for the better from here set forth.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

The timing of Herb's dismissal likely had something, not everything, to do with these recruits. ASU's athletic director may have felt a different head coach could have a better chance of reeling the biggest local recruit in quite some time. He was clearly focused on a Duke connection, thinking somehow a guy with the Duke background and legacy to sell might have a better run with top-tier recruits. Who knows how Hurley will do as a recruiter, so far, he has been the head-coach of a small time program with under 50 wins under his belt.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

midnightx wrote:

The timing of Herb's dismissal likely had something, not everything, to do with these recruits. ASU's athletic director may have felt a different head coach could have a better chance of reeling the biggest local recruit in quite some time. He was clearly focused on a Duke connection, thinking somehow a guy with the Duke background and legacy to sell might have a better run with top-tier recruits. Who knows how Hurley will do as a recruiter, so far, he has been the head-coach of a small time program with under 50 wins under his belt.
I do think Hurley will for sure have the Cuonzo Martin effect going for him in regards to what every new coach that is young and even remotely motivated gets in recruiting. Some kids absolutely eat up the whole "We're starting something big at this school and we want you to be the centerpiece or part of something big that will set the foundation and yada yada yada." Most young coaches have that going for them and I have little to no doubt that Hurley will recruit much better at ASU than Herb did due to that. Does that mean Hurley could pull Barcello and Bagley? Maybe, but my guess is Arizona is too big in-state to let them go to ASU unless they decide they want others players more.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

97, how do you like our chances with Jalen Hill?
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Marvin Bagley, Markus Howard, Kobi Simmons>>>>>>>all much more potential than Jalen to my eyes. Let's see if and when Jalen develops.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Marvin is 2018
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

EOCT wrote:Marvin Bagley, Markus Howard, Kobi Simmons>>>>>>>all much more potential than Jalen to my eyes. Let's see if and when Jalen develops.
What do any of those players have to do with Jalen Hill? You listed one kid Arizona is going to be recruiting in Bagley.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

The Goat wrote:
EOCT wrote:Marvin Bagley, Markus Howard, Kobi Simmons>>>>>>>all much more potential than Jalen to my eyes. Let's see if and when Jalen develops.
What do any of those players have to do with Jalen Hill? You listed one kid Arizona is going to be recruiting in Bagley.
Goat, I don't know whom Coach "is going to be recruiting". You're saying you do, so your thoughts would be an interesting share.

I'm merely stating my feelings on positions I feel we will be strategically pointing to fill. My feelings. Today I have no inside info whatsoever, so I listen to 97 and some others.

Let's take Hill vs Bagley. I don't see it as a big contest. Hill looks like he needs lots of work in most areas. Bagley looks ready to explode. If one of the two is looked at as our PF of the future, it doesn't look close to me.

I mention Howard and Simmons only because we'll need many backcourt additions and because Howard(especially), and Simmons both look Arizona good to me in all departments. I didn't intend to compare them to Bagley and Hill and should have expressed my intended context.

But back to your point that I have no idea whom Coach is specifically pointing at for '16 and especially '17--------It's true.
Last edited by EOCT on Mon May 04, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Hill is a center isn't he? What's the point of comparing him to guys who play completely different positions?
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Hill is a center isn't he? What's the point of comparing him to guys who play completely different positions?
Hill(6/8) is listed everywhere as a PF, as is Bagley(6/10). I specifically compared Hill to Bagley alone in the post immediately above.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

EOCT wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Hill(6/8) is listed everywhere as a PF, as is Bagley(6/10). I specifically compared Hill('17) to Bagley('18) alone in the post immediately above.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EOCT wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Hill(6/8) is listed everywhere as a PF, as is Bagley(6/10). I specifically compared Hill to Bagley alone in the post immediately above.
He's listed as a 6'9 center here: http://usc.scout.com/player/7949807n-jalen-hill

I've heard his future is at center. Bagley meanwhile could play any position you want him to and he's part of a totally different recruiting class, so I don't see the issue. We're talking about a kid in the 2017 class though, he has eons to improve to your liking or eons to prove he's not worth further pursuing. Either way the other two players you specifically named are a 2016 PG and a 2017 PG. What do either of them have to do with a 2017 post product regardless if their so called ceilings are higher than his or not?
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

ChooChooCat wrote:
EOCT wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
He's listed as a 6'9 center here: http://usc.scout.com/player/7949807n-jalen-hill

I've heard his future is at center. Bagley meanwhile could play any position you want him to and he's part of a totally different recruiting class, so I don't see the issue. We're talking about a kid in the 2017 class though, he has eons to improve to your liking or eons to prove he's not worth further pursuing. Either way the other two players you specifically named are a 2016 PG and a 2017 PG. What do either of them have to do with a 2017 post product regardless if their so called ceilings are higher than his or not?
http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... jalen-hill

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... jalen-hill

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalen-hill

http://california.scout.com/story/14774 ... -cal-offer (Comment "Nothing's set in stone")

Go through a couple of pages on the Google relevance list and Hill will be described as either PF(almost always) or PF/C. You prefer a USC football site for your info. Fine. So F'ing what, since he's a kid and still developing.

Once again, I believe I explained myself about my intended context of referring to Gs as well as Hill and Bagley.

Dude, give it a rest.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EOCT wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
EOCT wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... jalen-hill

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... jalen-hill

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalen-hill

http://california.scout.com/story/14774 ... -cal-offer (Comment "Nothing's set in stone")

Go through a couple of pages on the Google relevance list and Hill will be described as either PF(almost always) or PF/C. You prefer a USC football site for your info. Fine. So F'ing what, since he's a kid and still developing.

Once again, I believe I explained myself about my intended context of referring to Gs as well as Hill and Bagley.

Dude, give it a rest.
It's what he's listed at on the national scout site. I googled his name and scout and that was the scout site that popped up and I believe it's a universal database on that site, so it's not as if USC solely has him listed as such. Click his name on the Cal scout link you posted, it'll say the same thing. He's a 6'8-6'9 HS sophomore, odds are pretty good the kid could grow another inch or 3 and fill out to 230-240lbs or more.

If you say so. I don't see an explanation that makes any sense why you're saying you like guards better than Jalen Hill, but ok. College coaches don't choose guards over centers because they're better if they need a center and already have plenty of guards. Plus you can recruit both positions in a single class.
luteformayor2

2017 Class

Post by luteformayor2 »

Who are our top recruits in the 2017 class?

Looks like #1 player in the class, Deanre Ayton, is right in our backyard in San Diego. Do we have a legit chance at landing him?
ChooChooCat

Re: 2017 Class

Post by ChooChooCat »

His HS coach is Angelo Chol's HS coach, so my guess is no.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

luteformayor2 wrote:Who are our top recruits in the 2017 class?

Looks like #1 player in the class, Deanre Ayton, is right in our backyard in San Diego. Do we have a legit chance at landing him?
I think he is going to over seas. Sheer and Allis think he is going over seas and there are many flags surrounding this kid
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

If we're looking at bigs in San Diego for the 2017 class I'd look no further than Brandon McCoy. More so than ever with Jalen Hill being ucla bound.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

You also have Cody Riley in SoCal
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

MrBug708 wrote:You also have Cody Riley in SoCal
Would much rather have Ira Lee. More Upside!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

MrBug708 wrote:You also have Cody Riley in SoCal
I meant centers, but yes Riley and Ira Lee are available as well as 4s. My guess is Arizona has a better chance with the guy from Arizona there and UCLA probably lands the other.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Get on it, Shimmy.

On 1290 yesterday Scheer said he's Sidiki Johnson's brother. Also said he's got a completely opposite personality.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Get on it, Shimmy.
On 1290 yesterday Scheer said he's Sidiki Johnson's brother. Also said he's got a completely opposite personality.
I would hope that his career would go further in terms of highlights than the red/blue game and the time he got attacked by a bat.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

I may be looking to much into this but Troy Browns wall paper on twitter is Stanley. Wishful thinking?

https://twitter.com/Troy_Brown33
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

3goggles wrote:I may be looking to much into this but Troy Browns wall paper on twitter is Stanley. Wishful thinking?

I know his sister goes to Kansas. Probably tough to pull him away from them. Think there's a reason we've prioritized Hands and other PG targets at this point.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

ChooChooCat wrote:
3goggles wrote:I may be looking to much into this but Troy Browns wall paper on twitter is Stanley. Wishful thinking?

I know his sister goes to Kansas. Probably tough to pull him away from them. Think there's a reason we've prioritized Hands and other PG targets at this point.
Over at 247sports Jerry Myers just gave us a prediction for Brown! I know I am grasping for straws here! Lol
az91

Post by az91 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
I would hope that his career would go further in terms of highlights than the red/blue game and the time he got attacked by a bat.
I never heard about the bat incident. That just adds to Sidiki's legendary career at U of A.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Marvin Bagley has a new (very large) team-mate in the front court

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketb ... recruiting" target="_blank
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Does Mohamad Bamba being Sidiki Johnson's brother help or hurt our chances?