let's talk '15

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

KOQSTRONG

Re: let's talk '15

Post by KOQSTRONG »

Nice! I had an email alert from scout yesterday in my spam folder I just checked today and I'm usually expecting another 3 star football player, but when I see it's the BBall commits, I get all warm and fuzzy inside! Welcome Ray Smith!!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Yay. We kneed him.
Right where I want to be.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

HiCat wrote:Outstanding commit. Hope for a speedy rehab.

Recovery time for a torn ACL ranges from four to eight months. Smith’s father said surgery would be done “as soon as possible” once they get back to Las Vegas.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/las ... -tears-acl
4 is insane. And would not be worth the push given the risk of re-tear. Doctors used to operate on a 6 month checklist, but they are readjusting to look at it as more of a 6 to 9 month process. Unless you go to Europe or Antartica or space or wherever AP went and have live humans injected into your leg.

i wonder what they will use for the new one (hamstring or pateller tendon)...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Read earlier where he is going to skip his senior season and just heal up and rehab.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Merkin wrote:Read earlier where he is going to skip his senior season and just heal up and rehab.
I think that's a really good idea, but then again I'm not a coach nor a doctor. I just want him healthy down the stretch as a freshman and hopefully sophomore.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

doubt he plays high school or AAU again -- should be tip top shape for his first summer at Arizona
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Derrick Rose is telling him to take a redshirt year too.

Hopefully people around Smith push him to do the right thing. Too often, injury rehab gets twisted up when a player's ranking starts falling. That's OK, though. You don't get any prize for his ranking.
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Derrick Rose is telling him to take a redshirt year too.

Hopefully people around Smith push him to do the right thing. Too often, injury rehab gets twisted up when a player's ranking starts falling. That's OK, though. You don't get any prize for his ranking.
It'll be 16 months before he plays a game for Arizona. He won't need a redshirt year.

What examples are there of injury rehab getting twisted up with player's rankings? Committing to Arizona negates all worried about recruit rankings fwiw.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ElGatoBlanco wrote: It'll be 16 months before he plays a game for Arizona. He won't need a redshirt year.

What examples are there of injury rehab getting twisted up with player's rankings? Committing to Arizona negates all worried about recruit rankings fwiw.
But if he drops in the rankings it'll hurt our class ranking! :roll:
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ElGatoBlanco wrote:

It'll be 16 months before he plays a game for Arizona. He won't need a redshirt year.

Sitting out AAU has a negative impact on a player's rankings. That's where the majority of the rise and fall of rankings happens. Just compare pre and post summer rankings to see the impact.
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ElGatoBlanco wrote:

Sitting out AAU has a negative impact on a player's rankings. That's where the majority of the rise and fall of rankings happens. Just compare pre and post summer rankings to see the impact.
For an unknown or an unscouted prospect I absolutely agree with you. For Ray personally, he has been on the circuit for some time, played in the April tourneys, PANGOS, and everything he could. He'll miss the Adidas 64 in Las Vegas and that's pretty much it for the Summer circuit and every incoming HS Seniors AAU career. It definitely sucks for a guy who is working on getting offers and is still a bit of a unknown, but for someone like Ray? Nah.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Prior to injury Scout crew was mentioning a possible top-10 ranking. Smith's ceiling is about as high as anyone's in the class.

I doubt his ranking falls much. Least not at Scout.

Where it hurts in acclaim is no McD AA.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Judging by his presence on twitter he doesn't care about HS accolades at this point...just wants to get in a UA uni asap.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ElGatoBlanco wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ElGatoBlanco wrote:

For an unknown or an unscouted prospect I absolutely agree with you. For Ray personally, he has been on the circuit for some time, played in the April tourneys, PANGOS, and everything he could. He'll miss the Adidas 64 in Las Vegas and that's pretty much it for the Summer circuit and every incoming HS Seniors AAU career. It definitely sucks for a guy who is working on getting offers and is still a bit of a unknown, but for someone like Ray? Nah.
Don't get it wrong, I don't think he'll lose offers. There are always risers during this time period, and a few might overtake him, but my main point was that he was doing the right thing in not reacting out of fear of dropping from 22 to 32 or 42, but in selecting a path that protects his potential and his future.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Here's an embed of the above link (Thanks HiCat):

[youtube]sYHPc9Foqo0[/youtube]
Formerly McLurvin
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Don't get it wrong, I don't think he'll lose offers. There are always risers during this time period, and a few might overtake him, but my main point was that he was doing the right thing in not reacting out of fear of dropping from 22 to 32 or 42, but in selecting a path that protects his potential and his future.
That's more than fair. I just don't know how many guys with serious injuries hurry back because of their ranking unless of course they don't have many options during the time of their injury.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Jesus, that baby face. It's easy to forget these guys are just kids.

If we get Rabb too with Smith and PJC we'll lead the nation in guys who look 13.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ElGatoBlanco wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
That's more than fair. I just don't know how many guys with serious injuries hurry back because of their ranking unless of course they don't have many options during the time of their injury.
Or their AAU coach convinces them they could drop, with the secret agenda of building his own brand off the backs of injured 17 year olds. I tend to regard most AAU coaches as possessing a slightly better moral compass than Jeffrey Dahmer.
gumby

Post by gumby »

salim'sheadband wrote:Jesus, that baby face. It's easy to forget these guys are just kids.

If we get Rabb too with Smith and PJC we'll lead the nation in guys who look 13.
Tell me about it. This is my son's graduating class. Just out of diapers, as I recall.
gumby

Post by gumby »

TheBlackLodge wrote:Here's an embed of the above link (Thanks HiCat):

[youtube]sYHPc9Foqo0[/youtube]
Muehlebach's number. Maybe he can match Matt's home record.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status ... 3887082497

Chance Comanche says he has an official visit to Arizona set for September 13.

ASU, UCLA, USC, UConn, NC State, Cal also in his top seven.

Still having trouble with the embedding on here.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Simon
Trier
Smith
Rabb
Comanche

That is my ideal.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Simon
Trier
Smith
Rabb
Comanche

That is my ideal.
Me too. Plus Anderson off his red shirt!
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

My ideal would be that nobody leaves early. That's always my ideal
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Trier
Smith
Rabb
Comanche

That is my ideal.
Anderson plus Victor/Ristic would make me miss Comanche less than anyone else if we could get the other four. Rabb, Anderson is a solid combo with 2 sophs to lend a hand.

Edited for Odogg: it ain't gonna happen, and it's not a bad thing. Putting a lot of Cats in the NBA is a big part of future success. It helps to have recruits watch AG match up with Solomon and Stanley on the big stage.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Trier
Smith
Rabb
Comanche

That is my ideal.
Anderson plus Victor/Ristic would make me miss Comanche less than anyone else if we could get the other four. Rabb, Anderson is a solid combo with 2 sophs to lend a hand.

Edited for Odogg: it ain't gonna happen, and it's not a bad thing. Putting a lot of Cats in the NBA is a big part of future success. It helps to have recruits watch AG match up with Solomon and Stanley on the big stage.
Yeah a frontcourt of rabb/Anderson/ristic/Victor would be acceptable with having Simon/Smith/trier/Allen/York/Pitts in the backcourt.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat34 wrote:Still having trouble with the embedding on here.
http://forum.prodigaleyelid.com/viewtop ... f=26&t=310
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Love Smith.

Love Trier. Determined baller. Loves the net. Plays some D and should grow. Quick jumper!! Hits the J, but kind of inconsistent(who isn't?) and stroke problems---elbow out, shot-put tendency, has the ball pretty low a lot.

But the damn determination, relentless play. Finishes! Yeah, Love this guy.

Briscoe. Wow, what to make of him? Looks lackadaisical, but is actually both very fast and quick. Gets way out and quickly on the step. Nice smooth stroke with a very quick release. Six two or three tall, but has big wingspan----maybe 4-6" beyond height. Sweet passer. Smart. Doesn't show much interest in D so far. Like his potential a lot, though.

Hard decision if it's really a "choice" situation. Wish we could land both: Add them to Simon and our backcourt smokes! And with lots of flexibility between PG and SG. Smith, Trier, Briscoe, Simon...and Rabb or Comanche. Are 14, 15, 16, 17 here yet?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

[youtube]DJjLwBFnqTM[/youtube]
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

When Trier puts on a little more muscle I think he'll take his game to a whole other level.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:When Trier puts on a little more muscle I think he'll take his game to a whole other level.
He doesn't look very physically developed. He gets that aspect dialed in, he should have a high ceiling.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:Alonzo Trier
Can't wait to see this kid in an Arizona uniform. :)

Bear Down!!!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I like this Trier kid. Plans on being a one and done, but that's cool.

[youtube]dHWwOfO-obQ[/youtube]
ElGatoBlanco

Post by ElGatoBlanco »

Merkin wrote:I like this Trier kid. Plans on being a one and done, but that's cool.

[youtube]dHWwOfO-obQ[/youtube]
He didn't say that was the plan, he said that was the goal. That's the goal for every player.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Yay yay yay or is it yeah yeah yeah. ok lets go with YES!!!!!
Love Sean Miller.

Oh and McKale looking shweeeeeet!

p.s. what's next???
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Main Event wrote:

Very cool!

Five-star shooting guard Allonzo Trier commits to Arizona

Terrence Payne

Aug 3, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
Leave a comment
(Jon Lopez/Nike) (Jon Lopez/Nike)

Five-star shooting guard Allonzo Trier has committed to Sean Miller and Arizona on Sunday morning, according to multiple reports.

Evan Daniels of Scout.com first reported the commitment, immediately followed by a tweet from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... o-arizona/
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Just landed my favorite player in the class!!!

Gotta have scoring wings. Just have to.

Got the best one in the class! Can't wait to see how Miller elevates his game. Kid looked great in the USA games. Playing alongside talent will only make him more efficient!
Ih8assu

Post by Ih8assu »

The rich get richer!!
"A year ago, the best perimeter player came to McKale, we gave him some milk and cookies, rubbed his belly & made sure he had wide open shots. If he missed, we'd even pass it back to him and see if he could break scoring records." S. Miller
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

97 What's the next piece to fall?
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Nothing from bazzie yet. . .
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hell Yeah.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

3goggles wrote:97 What's the next piece to fall?
i think Comanche is going to be a Wildcat.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Gotta love this quote from one of the Kansas' board.
Damn, Miller is on a freaking roll over there.

http://kansas.247sports.com/Board/59455 ... t-29851622
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Irish27 wrote:Gotta love this quote from one of the Kansas' board.
Damn, Miller is on a freaking roll over there.

http://kansas.247sports.com/Board/59455 ... t-29851622
:) They should have listened to our boards. In 97cats I trust.

BTW, Allonzo is 6'4", 6' 7" with the fade:

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

i'd like to think comanche decides sometime in the next 2-3 months. may have to wait until next march or april for rabb.

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

So am I wrong to think that UA ends with:
Simon
Smith
Trier
Chance
Rabb

Are we only signing 5 or is there a chance of signing 6
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Miller for Governor!
Last edited by Irish27 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.