let's talk '19

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

enfuego

Re: let's talk '19

Post by enfuego »

billk78 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Personally I was quite surprised when Nnaji committed to the Cats today.

I am, however, not going to get too excited with our top ranked class until AFTER the Book trial and AFTER the entire class actually shows up on campus.
I have been hoping that the initial FBI scandal trials would implicate a large chunk of College basketball.......unfortunately, with the notable exception of Kansas (how could Self be so stupid to be caught sending text messages) only the initial half dozen or so schools are in serious danger. Also unfortunately, we are not Duke, so when the NCAA looks for a few scapegoats I'm sure the UA will be at or near the top of the list.
Certainly a fair point...especially since we seem to have been snakebitten over the years. However, I have to think these recruits and the people surrounding them did extensive homework about the FBI investigation and where Miller/AZ stand. If there was any decent chance of sanctions or proof that Miller/AZ did anything wrong than I don't believe these guys would have been so quick to commit. On the other side, as some posters have already mentioned, Kansas looks to be in more trouble and may have been a reason Nnaji ended up choosing us.This isn't a BWill and Shareef situation where everything is breaking AFTER they committed. 2019 recruits had plenty of time to do their research with true sources rather than the BS EsPN is feeding the public.
So it is your contention that the families of recruits have access to FBI evidence and evidence held by the defendants in this upcoming trial? Wow. :shock:
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Personally I was quite surprised when Nnaji committed to the Cats today.

I am, however, not going to get too excited with our top ranked class until AFTER the Book trial and AFTER the entire class actually shows up on campus.
I have been hoping that the initial FBI scandal trials would implicate a large chunk of College basketball.......unfortunately, with the notable exception of Kansas (how could Self be so stupid to be caught sending text messages) only the initial half dozen or so schools are in serious danger. Also unfortunately, we are not Duke, so when the NCAA looks for a few scapegoats I'm sure the UA will be at or near the top of the list.
I think people give waaaay to much credit to the NCAA than is actually warranted...lets not forget it is a mismatched conglomerate of University Prez's/AD's/Professors and VP's and an occasional student representative thrown in for show...(currently, the Big East/ACC and Pac-12 have 2 committee members each for Div.1) there is a reason it takes them so long to decide on anything and half the time they decide to do nothing, it is really hard to find consensus with such a mismatch of members...I frankly do not expect the NCAA to do much if anything at all to the UofA because Miller has shown a willingness to cooperate and has a history of honoring them and there is no way in hell he could have known that Book was fucking him...once he found out Book was immediately terminated...if someone can show me anything Miller could have done to prevent this fiasco I'm all ears, but there is nothing he could have done legally.

There is not going to be "another shoe" to drop...unlike several other programs out there.

Miller might be as innocent and pure as the driven snow........it might not make any difference.

If Book knew about payoffs to players (and the tapes certainly suggest that), then that may well be all the NCAA enforcement committee need to throw the book (pun intended) at us. Book was a representative of the UA. Remember, this will not be decided in a court of law, it will be decided by an NCAA committee.

It's not their job description to "throw the book" or even to make examples of university programs...their job is simple enforcement of the rules...they will make a determination if UA Basketball program itself broke the rules, not if Book did...they are not going after individual assistant coaches, they never have and never will, its not part of the job.

Book Richardson is NOT UA basketball.
Thats some SERIOUS Rationalizing there. Book Richardson was a legal representative of the UA, and an assistant coach of the UA BBall team. He was VERY much UA basketball. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in serious denial mode.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

A Kansas fan saying Arizona is in denial.

That's rich.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Reggie44

Post by Reggie44 »

prh wrote:Who thinks Josh Green will be OAD? Because if he's not, then we have the #1 class and no OADs, which is absolute best case scenario.
First ever post. I go to the Under Armour and Nike AAU event's in Indy every April. I've seen some big time players over the years and Josh Green is up there at the top. I sat court side and was blown away watching him play. Mannion was great, but Green was spectacular. At the time I think he was ranked in the 40's and I asked the guy next to me how he wasn't a Top 5 player in the nation. I would be shocked if he wasn't a one and done.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

enfuego wrote:
So it is your contention that the families of recruits have access to FBI evidence and evidence held by the defendants in this upcoming trial? Wow. :shock:
Don’t be daft. I know you like to play the village idiot, but I’m pretty sure it’s a part of the trolling act and not your actual intelligence level. The Kansas associated trial is mostly over. The UA/Book portion is yet to come. The recruits surely would ask Miller how he expects this play out. Miller tells them something—and it’s obviously been reassuring to them. Of course, head coaches say things all the time to recruits (we will never recruit over you, you can play some minutes at point, you’ll definitely get playing time as a freshman). Recruits are then left to determine who they find to be most believable. And in this case, the direct evidence says that Miller was more believable about future sanctions than Self was. Unless you just think Miller was able to sell Arizona as the better program, full stop. I’m cool with that, too. 8-)
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

Reggie44 wrote:
prh wrote:Who thinks Josh Green will be OAD? Because if he's not, then we have the #1 class and no OADs, which is absolute best case scenario.
First ever post. I go to the Under Armour and Nike AAU event's in Indy every April. I've seen some big time players over the years and Josh Green is up there at the top. I sat court side and was blown away watching him play. Mannion was great, but Green was spectacular. At the time I think he was ranked in the 40's and I asked the guy next to me how he wasn't a Top 5 player in the nation. I would be shocked if he wasn't a one and done.
That's saying quite a bit, considering there's a lot of guys coming through those events. What struck you the most about his game?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

UAEebs86 wrote:You have to give enfuego credit for one thing. No matter how many money shots he takes, he wipes his face off and comes back for more.
This post did not get the credit for being as amazing as it was

Bravo

2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

By the way, Miller is a fucking witch

Love this recruiting class
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

enfuego wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
EVCat wrote:I wonder if fear of NCAA sanctions at KU aided in his decision?

And if so...the irony is delicious.
Oh yeah. The Nnaji family was much more comfortable with where Arizona stood in regards to the FBI and Miller's explanations than they did with where KU stood in those regards and especially Self's explanations.
You talked to his family?
You went from the overwhelming favorite to being completely out of it. Doesn't take a scholar to figure it out.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

I think people give waaaay to much credit to the NCAA than is actually warranted...lets not forget it is a mismatched conglomerate of University Prez's/AD's/Professors and VP's and an occasional student representative thrown in for show...(currently, the Big East/ACC and Pac-12 have 2 committee members each for Div.1) there is a reason it takes them so long to decide on anything and half the time they decide to do nothing, it is really hard to find consensus with such a mismatch of members...I frankly do not expect the NCAA to do much if anything at all to the UofA because Miller has shown a willingness to cooperate and has a history of honoring them and there is no way in hell he could have known that Book was fucking him...once he found out Book was immediately terminated...if someone can show me anything Miller could have done to prevent this fiasco I'm all ears, but there is nothing he could have done legally.

There is not going to be "another shoe" to drop...unlike several other programs out there.

Miller might be as innocent and pure as the driven snow........it might not make any difference.

If Book knew about payoffs to players (and the tapes certainly suggest that), then that may well be all the NCAA enforcement committee need to throw the book (pun intended) at us. Book was a representative of the UA. Remember, this will not be decided in a court of law, it will be decided by an NCAA committee.

It's not their job description to "throw the book" or even to make examples of university programs...their job is simple enforcement of the rules...they will make a determination if UA Basketball program itself broke the rules, not if Book did...they are not going after individual assistant coaches, they never have and never will, its not part of the job.

Thats some SERIOUS Rationalizing there. Book Richardson was a legal representative of the UA, and an assistant coach of the UA BBall team. He was VERY much UA basketball. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in serious denial mode.
Yet the only player he was involved in supposedly trying to personally pay was cleared to play at Villanova by the NCAA regardless. What does that tell you about Arizona's position here?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

[

There is not going to be "another shoe" to drop...unlike several other programs out there.[/quote]

If Book knew about payoffs to players (and the tapes certainly suggest that), then that may well be all the NCAA enforcement committee need to throw the book (pun intended) at us. Book was a representative of the UA. Remember, this will not be decided in a court of law, it will be decided by an NCAA committee.[/quote]

Book Richardson is NOT UA basketball.[/quote]

Thats some SERIOUS Rationalizing there. Book Richardson was a legal representative of the UA, and an assistant coach of the UA BBall team. He was VERY much UA basketball. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in serious denial mode.[/quote]

Yet the only player he was involved in supposedly trying to personally pay was cleared to play at Villanova by the NCAA regardless. What does that tell you about Arizona's position here?[/quote]

I wouldn't read too much into the Quinerly decision. The NCAA is far more concerned about holding Head/Assistant coaches AND institutions accountable than individual high school players. In the Quinerly case the NCAA had to make a quick decision......before the FBI allowed them to investigate anything. Without being able to investigate the NCAA gave the high school player the benefit of the doubt. After the Book trial the NCAA will have all the time in the world to hold its own personal witch hunt.

Regarding Book, So you believe that even though Book knew about payoffs he didn't personally make (Rawle for example) and kept his mouth shut the NCAA is going to look the other way??? Book knew full well what the agents were doing.......and did nothing. Just because he wasn't personally involved with the other players (as far as the tapes show) won't mean diddly squat to the NCAA.

WAY to much rationalizing on this board.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Too many strong opinions on the topic in general. The only appropriate strong opinion is that you strongly believe you have no idea what’s going to happen. And Miller is a witch.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Quite frankly DMJ you have no fricken idea what will mean diddly squat and what won't to the NCAA. They are a kangaroo court and make shit up as they go along. Also the NCAA is much more concerned with player eligibility than holding coaches and institutions accountable, they always have been that way and always will be. I can literally cite dozens of cases that proves your take on that wrong. Also Rawle never got paid by Dawkins, so there's nothing there, but smoke and dust.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Quite frankly DMJ you have no fricken idea what will mean diddly squat and what won't to the NCAA. They are a kangaroo court and make shit up as they go along. Also the NCAA is much more concerned with player eligibility than holding coaches and institutions accountable. I can literally cite dozens of cases that proves your take on that wrong. Also Rawle never got paid by Dawkins, so there's nothing there, but smoke and dust.
And neither do you.

You are right about the Kangaroo Court.........which is exactly why nobody should get excited about this class until the smoke from the Book trial clears and the class actually shows up on the UA campus next August.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Life is too short. Let people get excited if they want to be excited.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Quite frankly DMJ you have no fricken idea what will mean diddly squat and what won't to the NCAA. They are a kangaroo court and make shit up as they go along. Also the NCAA is much more concerned with player eligibility than holding coaches and institutions accountable. I can literally cite dozens of cases that proves your take on that wrong. Also Rawle never got paid by Dawkins, so there's nothing there, but smoke and dust.
And neither do you.

You are right about the Kangaroo Court.........which is exactly why nobody should get excited about this class until the smoke from the Book trial clears and the class actually shows up on the UA campus next August.
I obviously know more than you if you genuinely think the NCAA's goal is to police their institutions over player eligibility. Jahvon Quinerly is eligible and Brian Bowen is not. That matters whether it hurts your agenda or not.

If people want to enjoy a win let them and screw off. If things go sour we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
And neither do you.

I obviously know more than you if you genuinely think the NCAA's goal is to police their institutions over player eligibility. Jahvon Quinerly is eligible and Brian Bowen is not. That matters whether it hurts your agenda or not.

If people want to enjoy a win let them and screw off. If things go sour we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
I'm perfectly fine with folks enjoying a recruiting win. I'm happy too.

But if other folks choose to acknowledge reality (our assistant coach on tape talking $$payoffs$$) then you need to screw off.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Ahhhhh . . . That’s the Black Friday holiday spirit! :lol:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
And neither do you.

But if other folks choose to acknowledge reality (our assistant coach on tape talking $$payoffs$$) then you need to screw off.
There's only one payoff that matters on those tapes and it's Quinerly and he's eligible. The other payoff (if it was allowed to happen) was not for Rawle to attend Arizona, so it's meaningless. Have fun being miserable.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I am going to really simplify it for my benefit but I can't see what any institution did wrong. It was all shoe money directed by shoe money employees to family members or influential people in the kids life.

Book went Benedict Arnold away from Nike to get kids to Adidas but never influenced a kid to come to AZ with $$.

Seems like a lot of uninforcable rules with respect to the NCAA

Am I wrong with this Choo?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azcat49 wrote:I am going to really simplify it for my benefit but I can't see what any institution did wrong. It was all shoe money directed by shoe money employees to family members influential people in the kids life.

Book went Benedict Arnold away from Nike to get kids to Adidas but never influenced a kid to come to AZ with $$.

Seems like a lot of uninforcable rules with respect to the NCAA

So you think the NCAA is cool with payoffs to athletes as long as its not related to attending the university?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a Jolly Xmas, Choo. (BTW, Denial is NOT a river in egypt)
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Ahhhhh . . . That’s the Black Friday holiday spirit! :lol:

Its a pity the $payola$ couldn't have been handled through Amazon.......Nobody will dare touch Bezos :lol: :lol: :lol:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

That is what Choo is saying, the NCAA is focused on player eligibility. They do care if a kid got paid by a shoe company but that doesn't put Miller or the institution at risk past losing that player. The one player questioned, Quinerly, has been cleared to play so how can we be guilty if Nova is allowed to.play him?
Last edited by azcat49 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote:You have to give enfuego credit for one thing. No matter how many money shots he takes, he wipes his face off and comes back for more.
... and does so with raging throbbing blue balls.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
And neither do you.

Being on tape talking payoffs is not something the NCAA sanctions. Giving payoffs is. Book talked paying Quinerly. Quinerly is eligible, which he would not be if the NCAA could prove Book followed the words with pay.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

In Choo I trust. Until he tells us to be worried I'm not going to worry.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

dmjcat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

And what did Book Richardson do that was in violation of specific NCAA rules? Richardson is accused of taking bribe money to steer players to an agency AFTER they leave the school and none of them went or were paid, what exactly has the University done or guilty of?

This is no different than Book Richardson getting caught in a scam to counterfeit US currency while employed by the UofA, the crimes he is accused of are not NCAA violations.

People get fixated on the FBI case and forget that it is NOT an NCAA case...they have no authority to do anymnore than slap the wrist for not controlling an uncontrollable assistant.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Speaking of Quinerly, he does not appear to be that great. I think Coleman is a better option this year and Nico next year. Long way to go but been underwhelming so far. I know should be in Lets talk 2018 but still relevant here
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
And neither do you.

Being on tape talking payoffs is not something the NCAA sanctions. Giving payoffs is. Book talked paying Quinerly. Quinerly is eligible, which he would not be if the NCAA could prove Book followed the words with pay.
Spiff,

The only group of people that think that the UA is going to walk away clean are UA message board posters. Every legal opinion that I have seen believe that we are going to get whacked. This article by a Louisville newspaper is a good read:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 724487002/" target="_blank

Although no Cardinals coaches were charged in connection with the case and witnesses testified that former head coach Rick Pitino was unaware of the scheme, Louisville attorney Keith Poynter said he thinks the guilty verdict worsens the outlook for Louisville basketball.

Philadelphia attorney Matt Haverstick told the Courier Journal he believes the convictions increase the likelihood that the NCAA will elect to punish any individuals or institutions it finds responsible for taking part in the scheme.

Related: University of Miami redacted from federal college hoops indictment

"I think the NCAA is going to take a pound of flesh after this," Haverstick said. "The NCAA, if nothing else, loves to portray at least the illusion that it's a tough enforcer. I don't know how, in light of someone at trial acknowledging rampant rules violations going on in the NCAA, the NCAA can't react to it. What will interest me is what programs will be attacked and, conversely, what programs will get left alone?"

New NCAA guidelines revealed in August do not give the organization subpoena power, but it is free to use information from a courtroom, government agencies or other third-party investigations to supplement evidence gleaned from its own investigation.

The NCAA remains on hold until the next two trials are complete; however, Haverstick said the criminal conviction handed down Wednesday suggests the NCAA will be prone to issue harsher penalties, if for no other reason but to "save face."
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Who the fook is Matt Haverstick and why are you sharing his opinion as if the NCAA will do what this random lawyer says he thinks they will? Dmj, just take your ball and go home already. Also FFS there was proof that Pitino knew Bowen was going to be taken care of to come to Louisville.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

What rules violation?

Heck, maybe some of us on this board are also attorneys and have legal opinions and stuff.

It circles back to, what rule was violated in Book's actions? If a rule was violated with Quinerly, why is Quinerly eligible? Without those being answered in the positive, it's a nonstarter.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Who the fook is Matt Haverstick and why are you sharing his opinion as if the NCAA will do what this random lawyer says he thinks they will? Dmj, just take your ball and go home already. Also FFS there was proof that Pitino knew Bowen was going to be taken care of to come to Louisville.
Haverstick is a highly regarded lawyer who successfully sued the NCAA regarding their consent decree they issued to the Penn Sate football program.........and probably knows about 10,000x what you do about the legal ramifications of the FBI scandal.

http://www.kleinbard.com/attorney/matthew-h-haverstick/" target="_blank

Why don't you take your ball and go home and let other message board posters have different opinions than you do without attacking them??
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dmjcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Who the fook is Matt Haverstick and why are you sharing his opinion as if the NCAA will do what this random lawyer says he thinks they will? Dmj, just take your ball and go home already. Also FFS there was proof that Pitino knew Bowen was going to be taken care of to come to Louisville.
Haverstick is a highly regarded lawyer who successfully sued the NCAA regarding their consent decree they issued to the Penn Sate football program.........and probably knows about 10,000x what you do about the legal ramifications of the FBI scandal.

Why don't you take your ball and go home and let other message board posters have different opinions than you do without attacking them??
You keep saying legal ramifications as if that means anything in regards to the NCAA. If legal ramifications mattered our track program would've been issued the death penalty for the throwing coach nonsense.

Also when have I ever attacked you? I think you're ridiculously over the top and horribly misguided, but that's far from an attack.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

If you want to sort of guess what will happen a good way to do it is to go to the NCAA infractions page and look at the history of their activity...

Try to place yourself in the NCAA's position, what exactly can you penalize the college for? Unless there is evidence of Miller on a phone call offering/taking money to steer a player to an agent then all you have at this point is Book Richardson who was an assistant coach, he has been terminated (which functions as a "self imposed" penalty) if he was still here the NCAA would demand that he have limited recruiting opportunity or something of that nature, hell even in cases where actual assistant coaches were giving impermissible benefits to students, there have been only a handful of times when titles were vacated/recruiting was limited/penalties imposed beyond the University self-imposing method...

Read through the database of Pac 12 violations here, its not as punitive as you would imagine...

Pac 12 infractions last 10 years:

You have to ask yourself WHAT IS THE EXACT NCAA INFRACTION THAT UofA CAN BE PENALIZED FOR...?

What is it?

Failure to impose a culture of accountability is the closest you will get to anything and Miller has record of punishing Book just a few seasons ago...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:

Yet his analysis level says zilch about Arizona and is "the NCAA likes to act tough." Illuminating regarding our situation.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

Yet his analysis level says zilch about Arizona and is "the NCAA likes to act tough." Illuminating regarding our situation.
EXACTLY and the other side of the two-edged sword is the NCAA is vulnerable, this guy apparently has sued them and won, meaning the "act tough" schtick is meaningless in a court of law...people forget that the NCAA is not the final say, the courts are.

Honestly, at this point, I think the NCAA would rather be seen as "soft" (or supportive of the university depending on your viewpoint) as opposed to being capricious and liable for a lawsuit...thier image is already a weakened position, if they enforce some overtly punitive measure and overplay their hand to the point that a lawsuit is a viable response that will only weaken them in the long run...my money is on the soft punishment...honestly I have yet to see what they can say about the program under the current circumstances, and Miller has proven he is cooperative...the whole Alonzo Trier fiasco is already a bridge to far for them...
prh

Post by prh »

So this came up a week ago, but let's not forget that all our guys prior to Nnaji signed NLI. No one signed them last year, which made it easy for the class to fall apart. If something drastic happens, then yes, they can probably get out of them. But signing them shows these guys are not keeping their recruitment open and don't currently have thoughts of going elsewhere.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

prh wrote:So this came up a week ago, but let's not forget that all our guys prior to Nnaji signed NLI. No one signed them last year, which made it easy for the class to fall apart. If something drastic happens, then yes, they can probably get out of them. But signing them shows these guys are not keeping their recruitment open and don't currently have thoughts of going elsewhere.
When the entire media is misrepresenting facts left and right to paint you as a criminal and you're able to sell your story of backed up by facts and effectively convince this many highly rated players to buy in, that speaks volumes. It's one thing to land guys like Mannion and Green who have extensive Arizona ties and you've had a long lasting relationship with them, but to also pull guys like Armstrong and especially Nnaji who are both midwest kids where the relationship has existed for less than a year is a hell of a feat by our staff.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Another highly ranked commit coming....?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Life is too short. Let people get excited if they want to be excited.
Might as well get excited. Our yesterdays were shit and tomorrows are promised to no one.

Today, I am happy to be a Wildcat. Better than being a Jayhawk...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:
ByJoveByJingle wrote:Life is too short. Let people get excited if they want to be excited.
Might as well get excited. Our yesterdays were shit and tomorrows are promised to no one.

Today, I am happy to be a Wildcat. Better than being a Jayhawk...
With the exception of 1997, this is all true.

Bristol has ALWAYS sucked the balls of Arizona sports. So glad to witness its final slide into irrelevance.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Is out '19 class full now?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:Is out '19 class full now?
I still want:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned wrote:
I still want:

You could always use a good point guard.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Ballerina feet on a bulldozer.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
I still want:

He's dead, so I'm not thinking your wish comes true.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I think we take a traditional sit out transfer or two as well, but as far as guys who will play immediately yeah that's probably it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
I still want:

Small setback with modern medicine and all.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
I still want:

Small setback with modern medicine and all.
I did see Overlord on Wednesday.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
I think we take a traditional sit out transfer or two as well, but as far as guys who will play immediately yeah that's probably it.
So how many early exits you think we have next year if you had to guess? 3?