lol
NYCat

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by NYCat »

It's comical at this point
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Worst metabolism ever or what the hell did he take?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

the NCAA is a joke.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

I mean if he took it again he deserves to be gone, but the more likely scenario that it’s remnants from last year then i feel terrible for the kid.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I imagine this explains 97's rant today. Sean must be demoralized
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Fu#k me, I'm getting hammered tonight. Nothing going right with our cats. Just want a little sports joy
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Wellp. I just hope we don't lose in the first round before Miller quits or is fired
cats101

Post by cats101 »

This has been one circus of a season. UGH
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Is this serious?

I think I'm done with sports.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea I don't think I can even put out any effort to care anymore. It's rewarded with a big ol shit on all of our chests
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

He was tested every 7 to 10 days until he was cleared last year. This doesn't make any sense unless he took something again
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Arizona is appealing the suspension for the positive test, which the school argues is not a result of renewed PED use, but a residual trace of the steroid Ostarine in Trier’s system from 2016. That’s when Trier first tested positive for PED use, causing him to miss 19 games last season. Trier’s attorney Steve Thompson said Trier original ingestion of Ostarine was inadvertent and came as the result of his stepfather mixing it in a drink for the player.
Last edited by NYCat on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Ray Smith tears his ACL 3 times.

Wisconsin beats us twice in the EE.

Zo pops dirty twice for the same thing twice.

I can't emotionally invest in this any more.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Jefe wrote:He was tested every 7 to 10 days until he was cleared last year. This doesn't make any sense unless he took something again
That’s what I think as well and makes the most sense medically.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Ray Smith tears his ACL 3 times.

Wisconsin beats us twice in the EE.

Zo pops dirty twice for the same thing twice.

I can't emotionally invest in this any more.
Me either and I’m done

And I’m fucking flying to Oregon in two days.

Maybe I’ll pass on the game and just get drunk in a dive bar away from the fam and kids.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

I remember when kids just smoked weed
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

He didn't take anything, the ostarine is stored in his fat and his body metabolized it hence why such a ridiculously small trace popped up. The NCAA doesn't know wtf they're doing in regards to testing for this. This isn't Zo's fault.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Also from the Yahoo! article
Thompson said the situation is similar to that of former Georgia offensive lineman Kolton Houston, who tested positive for a PED shortly after enrolling at the school in 2010 and still had traces of it in his system nearly three years later. Houston finally had a clean test in the summer of 2013 and was eligible to play.

“The NCAA’s intransigence on this issue is mind-boggling,” Thompson said. “Allonzo has never been a drug-cheat, and the NCAA found in 2016 that he never took Ostarine intentionally. The experts tell us Ostarine can be stored in fatty tissues for a long time, and tests can be negative but then later be positive as the substance comes out. The medical evidence also shows that the reappearance of a trace amount in his system now creates absolutely zero competitive advantage. We’ve asked the NCAA’s medical panel to review the case – as the rules provide – and the NCAA has refused. This is so frustrating and unnecessary, especially at this time of the season and Allonzo’s career.”
Last edited by NYCat on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. That’s all I have to say.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

splitsecond wrote:the NCAA is a joke.
How so, there is measurable amounts of a banned substance in a test.

The NCAA did us a huge favor before. Hopefully they can continue to test often again.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:He didn't take anything, the ostarine is stored in his fat and his body metabolized it hence why such a ridiculously small trace popped up. The NCAA doesn't know wtf they're doing in regards to testing for this. This isn't Zo's fault.
This. Some PED's can be in there for years and the NCAA has a crazy policy of sitting people with NO CHANCE the substance is still active.

If Trier ingested it again, it would be obvious from the amount and there would be no appeal.

I give up. We've run out of ways for fate to screw us and now we're repeating things. Why do I waste any part of my life on something that's just going to hose us in the end?
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

PHXCATS wrote:

The NCAA did us a huge favor before. Hopefully they can continue to test often again.
They are refusing a re-test and just fucked us for the tourney. Dude, get a clue.
prh

Post by prh »

I'm on board split
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

TatetheGreat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

They are refusing a re-test and just fucked us for the tourney. Dude, get a clue.
“The NCAA’s intransigence on this issue is mind-boggling,” Thompson said. “Allonzo has never been a drug-cheat, and the NCAA found in 2016 that he never took Ostarine intentionally. The experts tell us Ostarine can be stored in fatty tissues for a long time, and tests can be negative but then later be positive as the substance comes out. The medical evidence also shows that the reappearance of a trace amount in his system now creates absolutely zero competitive advantage. We’ve asked the NCAA’s medical panel to review the case – as the rules provide – and the NCAA has refused. This is so frustrating and unnecessary, especially at this time of the season and Allonzo’s career.”

Thompson said the school requested a medical exception from the NCAA to allow Trier to continue playing, but that request was rejected Thursday and he was declared ineligible. Penalty for a second positive PED test would be a one-year suspension from competition.
No mention of time for the review so it could still happen and Trier was not suspended for a year so there is hope, dude.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

prh wrote:I'm on board split
deleted my post, don't feel like getting accused of personal attacks. but yeah.
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

TatetheGreat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Where did you see they're refusing a re-test?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

PHXCATS wrote:

Clearly this negligible amount is his system is the reason for his better defense and more consistency of late.

Ny cat, Thanks for the info above, I was not aware that this substance could be metabolized that far into the future.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
prh

Post by prh »

splitsecond wrote:
well take out a bunch of adjectives and i think it'd be fine. and have plenty of support
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Hey guys what's up
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

"We’ve asked the NCAA’s medical panel to review the case – as the rules provide – and the NCAA has refused. This is so frustrating and unnecessary, especially at this time of the season and Allonzo’s career.”

Thompson said the school requested a medical exception from the NCAA to allow Trier to continue playing, but that request was rejected Thursday and he was declared ineligible. Penalty for a second positive PED test would be a one-year suspension from competition."
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

BBQ wildcat wrote:
SteveKerrsStroke wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

"We’ve asked the NCAA’s medical panel to review the case – as the rules provide – and the NCAA has refused. This is so frustrating and unnecessary, especially at this time of the season and Allonzo’s career.”

Thompson said the school requested a medical exception from the NCAA to allow Trier to continue playing, but that request was rejected Thursday and he was declared ineligible. Penalty for a second positive PED test would be a one-year suspension from competition."
Could be timing. If they asked today or this week then what can you do? Heeke and the lawyers will work on this with the NCAA if he is allowed a medical panel review.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I honestly don't care if I see any personal attacks on Machina... I'm so sick of the BS he brings here day in and day out just to be contrarian.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

prh wrote:
splitsecond wrote:
well take out a bunch of adjectives and i think it'd be fine. and have plenty of support
I need to learn to control my hyperbole :lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Thompson said the school requested a medical exception from the NCAA to allow Trier to continue playing, but that request was rejected Thursday and he was declared ineligible. Penalty for a second positive PED test would be a one-year suspension from competition.
No mention of time for the review so it could still happen and Trier was not suspended for a year so there is hope, dude.
Look, this is not the right time for faux optimism and respect for the NCAA. I originally considered posting a personal attack and directly telling you to do unspeakable things to yourself.

I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt and say you don't realize how you're coming off to others. My two cents, I got really angry at that bullshit fluff about the NCAA doing us a favor. This is not the time or place to troll with stuff like that and if it's not trolling, it damn sure seems like it.

Most people on this board are big fans, and I'm legit upset right now. This is not the time or place for the pablum about how the NCAA has rules and blah blah blah.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Are you blind Machina??? They asked the medical panel to review the case and they refused.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Kolton Miller and the steroids storing in fat make me feel a little better. He’s thinner than Kolton
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

BBQ wildcat wrote:Are you blind Machina??? They asked the medical panel to review the case and they refused.
It does not say timing though. If they asked for a review to happen today that is not likely possible. If it is in the NCAA rules he is allowed a review and they deny it in a reasonable time line then that is 100% wrong
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Kolton Miller is a UCLA football player, not the player in question
prh

Post by prh »

Pretty sure benefit of doubt ship sailed long ago, somewhere between supporting Larry Scott, supporting RR, and hating Miller.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

MrBug708 wrote:Kolton Miller is a UCLA football player, not the player in question
Kolton Houston

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... s-mission/" target="_blank
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

At this point, maybe the UA should just say fuck you NCAA and play him anyway. Go ahead and vacate the victories, we don't care. The NCAA can't even wipe their own ass much less have a clue about PEDs.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

zonagrad wrote:At this point, maybe the UA should just say fuck you NCAA and play him anyway. Go ahead and vacate the victories, we don't care. The NCAA can't even wipe their own ass much less have a clue about PEDs.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I’m sure some teams may just boycott the game though. Fuck!!!!!!!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The NCAA needs to be over and done with.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

YoDeFoe wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Kolton Miller is a UCLA football player, not the player in question
Kolton Houston

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... s-mission/" target="_blank
My apologies. Honest mistake.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I don't even believe the NCAA. They probably doctored the result. Corrupt organization
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Bilas on our side gives me hope. He's the smartest, most ethical college hoops commentator.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
Bilas gets it. This is awful and part of the backwards bs of the NCAA. He can't control the reappearance of metabolites and everyone knows it's not active.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

This whole business is equivalent to the NCAA flopping and the NCAA calling it a charge.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law