Pac-12 Tournament Game 2, vs. Oregon (2015-2016)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

etank34

Re: Pac-12 Tournament Game 2, vs. Oregon (2015-2016)

Post by etank34 »

billk78 wrote:Sick of RA. So sick of him.
I mean, he does sometimes absolutely disappear in games from time to time....but, come on now.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

etank34 wrote:I'll take the rest. No number 1 or 2 seed on the line for us.
Could've gotten a 3 with a win. What are we now, like a 5 or 6?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Team that deserved to win, won.

This Cats team will learn what matters in big games if it kills them, annd it might as well have tonight.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

etank34 wrote:
I mean, he does sometimes absolutely disappear in games from time to time....but, come on now.
Sometimes? He's been just plain awful. He plays with no heart. It's like he can give two craps about winning. Doesn;t play defense. But he can bench a lot so thats great...
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

billk78 wrote:
So you think taking a 1-2 seed to OT will cost us a 3 seed drop?
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Alieberman wrote:
billk78 wrote:
So you think taking a 1-2 seed to OT will cost us a 3 seed drop?
I meant winning the tournament. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I did not think we were a 3 coming into this game. I think we're a 5. Winning this game maybe a 4. Winning the tournament possibly a 3.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

billk78 wrote:
etank34 wrote:
...He plays with no heart....
must be why Miller plays him so much then, eh?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Let's put it this way: The loss isn't on Mark Tollefsen.

The loss is on every member of this team who thinks even a partially empty FT trip doesn't matter.

Every player on this team who got to the line and missed this game's version of a gimme lost this game for Arizona tonight.

Missed opportunities all around.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

billk78 wrote:
It doesn't matter. We've been down this road as being 1 and 2 seeds. Play the underdog role and play with a chip on our shoulders. Reinforcements are coming next year, regardless. We all knew this year was going to be a bit of a down year. But the beauty of the tournament is anything can happen.

I would gladly chuck that Pac-12 Tournament championship in the ocean last year if instead we got a Final 4 in the end.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
billk78 wrote:
etank34 wrote:
You didn't notice Miller sitting him during the biggest parts of tonight's game? Ge rode the pine almost the whole second half. It took people fouling out for him to get back on the floor. I think Miller has had it with him. He was giving Comanche more minutes.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

etank34 wrote:
billk78 wrote:
It doesn't matter. We've been down this road as being 1 and 2 seeds. Play the underdog role and play with a chip on our shoulders. Reinforcements are coming next year, regardless. We all knew this year was going to be a bit of a down year. But the beauty of the tournament is anything can happen.

I would gladly chuck that Pac-12 Tournament championship in the ocean last year if instead we got a Final 4 in the end.
You're right. And I'm not trying to stir up trouble with you or be a downer. Just mad about this loss and how it went down. AT least we were able to come back and didn't get blown out.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

billk78 wrote:
etank34 wrote:
billk78 wrote:

You're right. And I'm not trying to stir up trouble with you or be a downer. Just mad about this loss and how it went down. AT least we were able to come back and didn't get blown out.

Exactly! I'm not happy with the loss either, but in hindsight it means nothing.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

billk78 wrote:
etank34 wrote:
Sometimes? He's been just plain awful. He plays with no heart. It's like he can give two craps about winning. Doesn;t play defense. But he can bench a lot so thats great...
The one thing you can't question is the dudes heart! defense and offense game absolutely. But this dude has heart
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

billk78 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
billk78 wrote:
etank34 wrote:
You didn't notice Miller sitting him during the biggest parts of tonight's game? Ge rode the pine almost the whole second half. It took people fouling out for him to get back on the floor. I think Miller has had it with him. He was giving Comanche more minutes.
So he had heart throughout the year, just not tonight?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

U think Oregon gives a fuck we made it a game in the second half? Winning is all that matters in March.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

If it's not a lack of heart than what's his deal? He;s obviously very slow on defense and it appears as if he doesn't care (maybe Im mistaking piss poor play for lack of effort?). On offense he gets the ball and puts his head down and runs into 3 guys and either walks or falls down.

Where is the Ryan Anderson we saw when Zeus was out? If it's not a lack of heart/effort what is it? Is he injured?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

He's just not that good on defense. Some people have the brain and athleticism for it and some don't. It's mostly lack of athleticism on offense as well. I still appreciate what he's done for the team this year though.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

AZCatGirl wrote:
Oregon should be a 1 if they win tomorrow.

Lute would agree!
billk78

Post by billk78 »

pokinmik wrote:He's just not that good on defense. Some people have the brain and athleticism for it and some don't. It's mostly lack of athleticism on offense as well. I still appreciate what he's done for the team this year though.
I hear ya. But not running back on defense in transition takes brains and athleticism? That's just hustle. I'm not taking anything away from what he did during the year. He balled when Zeus was out. He had some great games. Which makes these disappearing acts even more puzzling to me. AT this point I don't feel like he's carrying his weight. I know it's not popular to call out one of our cats, but Im calling it as I see it.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

billk78 wrote:
pokinmik wrote:He's just not that good on defense. Some people have the brain and athleticism for it and some don't. It's mostly lack of athleticism on offense as well. I still appreciate what he's done for the team this year though.
I hear ya. But not running back on defense in transition takes brains and athleticism? That's just hustle. I'm not taking anything away from what he did during the year. He balled when Zeus was out. He had some great games. Which makes these disappearing acts even more puzzling to me. AT this point I don't feel like he's carrying his weight. I know it's not popular to call out one of our cats, but Im calling it as I see it.
There's definitely been some of that too. He lets certain things affect his game and focus. Miller benching him and calling him out at various points this late in the season tells us all we need to know.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Alieberman wrote:So close to stealing a game we had no business winning

Great 2nd half effort
This. Proud of the effort, hoping (but thinking it's unlikely) that we can put together a full 40 minutes when we really need it next week. No more P12 refs = we have a chance.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
84Cat wrote:How can CSM teach his team to have swarming defense like Oregon without fouling?
coach for another team?
Sad but true. I would bail at some point too.

It will be the ultimate fuck you to Larry Scott.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

pokinmik wrote:
billk78 wrote:
There's definitely been some of that too. He lets certain things affect his game and focus. Miller benching him and calling him out at various points this late in the season tells us all we need to know.
This is why grad transfers are an already-fading fad in college hoops. Very little a coach can still develop there...you just have to accept what they can give you, a la Mark Lyons.