Sean Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Re: Sean Miller

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that people expect rational discussion on a literally fanatical message board.
“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all.
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
gumby wrote:Of course, Parker can be critiqued. So can the coach. And this is definitely more on him than the Cartwrights (cue "Bonanza" theme). He is a multi-million dollar coach in charge of an elite program. A grown-ass man well into his fifth decade.

That's who is 100 percent responsible.

He's gotten no elite point guards from the high school ranks. The one five-star he landed had more red flags than the Bay of Pigs. He's gotten elite players in every other position. He's gotten next to no flack for it in his own thread -- and hardly anywhere else either. It's Parker this and Parker that.

Our best PG was a transfer. If that's what it takes, do it again. But for now, Miller has to be rated a failure in recruiting/staffing that position, especially if Parker is as bad as described (year 8 of Miller's tenure). But, for some reason, whatever PG we have (other than TJ) takes the brunt of the criticism. Like they're supposed to decline to enter the games? "I'm not worthy!"

So, sure, no player is immune from criticism, but make it proportional to responsibility. Follow the money. That's where the power is. That's where the decisions are made.

Leads you right to Sean Miller. Don't be shy.
Why can't it be both? I'm sure this is what Parker's camp wanted just as much as Miller.

I disagree that a history of Momo, Josiah, Lyons, TJ and PJC is failure on Miller's part. Momo was way over who most coaches pull in that situation. Josiah had talent, just not the mindset. Lyons was a backup plan driven by Josiah's flameout. TJ was a win. PJC has been dissected enough in this thread and others.

I also think it's unrealistic to think fans can see a player not play well and expect them not to jump the player. Players get criticized when they disappoint. Heck, how many people consistently get on Dusan for being slow?

PG's are a much smaller market to begin with. Hitting one 5 star, two 4 stars and two good transfers is not exactly failing.
It can be both, but it doesn't happen.

I disagree with your assessment of PGs. Even given all the particulars, it's been a relative weakness. And certainly doesn't measure up to what we've had in the past.

That said, I appreciate that you stayed on topic. I wasn't calling for his head, just calling attention to a particular flaw (in my opinion). And you addressed that.

I do like the Seth Davis column and the indication of humility. I like Miller -- a lot.

But my original point stands. If he and PJC entered into some blood oath, the lion's share of the blame lies with the guy running the program.

Even if you believe it can be both -- criticism -- it isn't. Not here, anyway. PJC gets it a lot more.
I'll put out another idea. Miller gets less "blame" because any potential failings in the PG department get weighed against his notable successes in recruiting stellar talent elsewhere. Even if you say our PG recruiting is less than stellar, his overall recruting is stellar. PG looks worse because it gets measured against other positions.

Parker doesn't have that broader context in which fans see him. His performance is what it is and doesn't get offset by anyone else.

The overall question is a semantic one, ultimately. Unless we get Duval, PJC is our guy. The remaining issues are just what they are.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Couple things...

Gumby & Spaceman's discussion is a great example of why I check in here as often as I can. & enjoy it. I learn, I agree, I disagree & it's all based around something that we clearly all love.

Second...where did Machina go? Not because I actually want to hear from PHXCats but more to underline the point that when things get interesting & debatable on both sides some posters seem to ignore or disappear for my favorite parts of threads.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Without looking it up can you tell me how many regular season conference titles these coaches have?

Roy Williams
Coach K
Coach Cal
Dean Smith
Lute
No. I like college basketball, but I cannot recite conference championships of 5 different coaches.

I don't exactly see what that has to do with it, either.
Coaching facts for fans with short attention spans?

Machina, quick! How many Final Fours do each of those coaches have? Stupid question is stupid.
What's the square root of this apartment?
Machina's point was that nobody outside a program's fan base knows how many conference championships they've won, but rather how many Final Fours and national titles they have. It's a stripping down of context to the bare bones of an attempt to malign Miller.

But yeah, the square root of that apartment. Do its inhabitants eat tuna? I rest my case.
Yea thats just silly. I spaced out UNC's recent success in tournaments weeks back and when I looked at their wikipedia page I was like, oh damn, I forgot about those tournament runs. Even spacing that out, IMO you consider UNC one of the 5 best programs because of their consistency in the top 25, top 10, etc. I may space out final fours or even titles, but I remember who I see at or near the tops of polls week in and week out over the span of five to 10 seasons. I mean, UCONN has two titles in the last 6 years, but are they a powerhouse right now?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm not sure UConn is a top 25 program right now, let alone a powerhouse.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Bear Down Vegas wrote: Second...where did Machina go? Not because I actually want to hear from PHXCats but more to underline the point that when things get interesting & debatable on both sides some posters seem to ignore or disappear for my favorite parts of threads.
You've been hearing your regular amount of Machina actually...
:o
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'm not sure UConn is a top 25 program right now, let alone a powerhouse.
I mean it was pretty much destined to happen once we scheduled a home and home with them.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'm not sure UConn is a top 25 program right now, let alone a powerhouse.
I mean it was pretty much destined to happen once we scheduled a home and home with them.
Can we schedule one with Wisconsin please?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Can we schedule one with Wisconsin please?
I thought we had one in 13-14 and 14-15?
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

zonagrad wrote:If Miller leaves Arizona, he's leaving behind a whole lot of equity.

If he takes a job at UNC or L'Ville, as some suggest, how much equity will he have with the fanbase there? How patient will they be? They'll want immediate results that Miller delivered at Arizona.

So the question is, why would Miller risk a great situation?

I guess the argument could be along the lines of Roy Williams leaving KU for UNC. But Roy had everything in place to win titles at KU. It just didn't happen. And Bill Self proved that shortly after Roy left.

The longer Miller stays at Arizona, the more he'll become attached to the school and the fans and boosters. A risky move to leave when you don't need to take on risk.
It would make little sense to take a job at Louisville or even UNC at this point. Arizona is a top ten program. It isn't as if there will be a significant recruiting advantage at either school over Arizona. Miller already is in on many of the top national recruits, who is to say that he will be more successful recruiting at UNC? Additionally, who wants to replace Roy Williams or Rick Pitino, two coaches with multiple titles and loads of final fours? Miller already replaced an icon, why would he want more pressure than he already has? Roy left Kansas because he was a UNC guy, but most top-tier coaches are not going to make lateral moves. Miller has no ties to those programs. If he doesn't win a title at Arizona with the 5-star talent he has, why would he win elsewhere with essentially the same talent? It makes no sense.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAdevil wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote: Second...where did Machina go? Not because I actually want to hear from PHXCats but more to underline the point that when things get interesting & debatable on both sides some posters seem to ignore or disappear for my favorite parts of threads.
You've been hearing your regular amount of Machina actually...
:o
Is this confirmed?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Oh yeah.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

midnightx wrote:
zonagrad wrote:If Miller leaves Arizona, he's leaving behind a whole lot of equity.

If he takes a job at UNC or L'Ville, as some suggest, how much equity will he have with the fanbase there? How patient will they be? They'll want immediate results that Miller delivered at Arizona.

I guess the argument could be along the lines of Roy Williams leaving KU for UNC. But Roy had everything in place to win titles at KU. It just didn't happen. And Bill Self proved that shortly after Roy left.

The longer Miller stays at Arizona, the more he'll become attached to the school and the fans and boosters. A risky move to leave when you don't need to take on risk.
It would make little sense to take a job at Louisville or even UNC at this point. Arizona is a top ten program. It isn't as if there will be a significant recruiting advantage at either school over Arizona. Miller already is in on many of the top national recruits, who is to say that he will be more successful recruiting at UNC? Additionally, who wants to replace Roy Williams or Rick Pitino, two coaches with multiple titles and loads of final fours? Miller already replaced an icon, why would he want more pressure than he already has? Roy left Kansas because he was a UNC guy, but most top-tier coaches are not going to make lateral moves. Miller has no ties to those programs. If he doesn't win a title at Arizona with the 5-star talent he has, why would he win elsewhere with essentially the same talent? It makes no sense.
Regardless of any point here UNC is a major threat when that time comes and that is not conjecture at all.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

midnightx wrote:

I like the way you think. I hope Miller thinks the same. UNC is a really attractive job and I would feel so much better if we crossed the bridge into Final Four/National Championship territory to cement it with Miller.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:Couple things...

Gumby & Spaceman's discussion is a great example of why I check in here as often as I can. & enjoy it. I learn, I agree, I disagree & it's all based around something that we clearly all love.

Second...where did Machina go? Not because I actually want to hear from PHXCats but more to underline the point that when things get interesting & debatable on both sides some posters seem to ignore or disappear for my favorite parts of threads.
Time for a return. He'll re-up the "culture" complaint with Comanche leaving.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:Couple things...

Time for a return. He'll re-up the "culture" complaint with Comanche leaving.
The culture problem

gumby

Post by gumby »

Hoops team middle of the Pac in APR.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... &id=201408" target="_blank

Football, dead last. But that's gonna happen when you land all those four and five star ... oh, wait.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

gumby wrote:Hoops team middle of the Pac in APR.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... &id=201408" target="_blank

Football, dead last. But that's gonna happen when you land all those four and five star ... oh, wait.
To be fair on the football side, I think the number was still considered to be good. The rest of the conference had smokin' scores, and we had more than our share of transfers. But the score was still good enough to get RichRod a $25,000 bonus.

We had a 955, which showed the impact of several transfers, and had a 971 the prior year. And the 971 isn't even the highest we have had over the rolling 4 year period. We graduated 18 from this last class, which is pretty remarkable at a state school with as much turmoil as we had. The RichRod APRs have generally been pretty damn good, which is why he got this bonus as part of a multi-year roll.

There are plenty of things to criticize RichRod about, but the APR and what our team does academically is definitely not one of them. We had a one year hit in 2016 from transfers, yet our current score is only 10 points under the FCS average, and our rolling average (more telling) is well above average. This is one of those "low hanging fruit" kicks to the head while someone is down, but is not indicative of the performance of the team in the slightest. We have been in the 960s and 970s every year, and had one year where we lost coaches, players, etc. That's why the NCAA uses the rolling average.

The reality is we, as a program, run an average APR score at or better than the sport average despite having some turmoil/questions. If we performed on the field like we perform in the APR categories, we'd be a happier fanbase.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Yep.

I think the minimum is 925, and Mike Stoops had a couple years below 900, and lost 4 scholarships due to it.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Main Event

Post by Main Event »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Main Event wrote:

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

One takeaway from this offseason should be that CBB nowadays is a crazy, unsteady landscape and that we are insanely lucky to have Sean Miller guiding us through the new world.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:One takeaway from this offseason should be that CBB nowadays is a crazy, unsteady landscape and that we are insanely lucky to have Sean Miller guiding us through the new world.
Amen.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

84Cat wrote:
Main Event wrote:

84, thanks for posting these videos. Great updates.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Yeah, nuts what Miller does considering the adversity we have had with roster turnover. Only Calipari has been able to do it as long and consistently as Miller, and coach K more recently.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

rgdeuce wrote:Yeah, nuts what Miller does considering the adversity we have had with roster turnover. Only Calipari has been able to do it as long and consistently as Miller, and coach K more recently.
Agreed rg....I was ecstatic with how CSM was able to guide us through ALL the adversity of last year and still win us the P12 Season and Tourney along with a Sweet 16. Obviously I was pissed at the S16 underperformance BUT I was being greedy too.

We all know, but so easy to forget, that the NCAA Tourney isn't a 100% accurate judge of a team and it's abilities...takes a lot of luck to win the natty and it's not always the best team that wins it all.

Anyways, am over the tourney and just amazed at what CSM and the players were able to accomplish last year. BTFD!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

It's not what people want to hear, but if you keep banging on the door with talented squads, eventually you are going to break it down.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:It's not what people want to hear, but if you keep banging on the door with talented squads, eventually you are going to break it down.
If it isn't what people want to hear, it is what I think. People act like there's a magical quality that allows you to reach the Final Four.

The truth is that some teams just catch a heater (South Carolina). Some teams have been hanging around the Elite Eight and break through (Gonzaga, Oregon). Some teams are very talented and just power through (UNC). The same qualities that got Miller to Elite Eights will be the qualities that drive a Final Four when it happens.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:It's not what people want to hear, but if you keep banging on the door with talented squads, eventually you are going to break it down.
If it isn't what people want to hear, it is what I think. People act like there's a magical quality that allows you to reach the Final Four.

The truth is that some teams just catch a heater (South Carolina). Some teams have been hanging around the Elite Eight and break through (Gonzaga, Oregon). Some teams are very talented and just power through (UNC). The same qualities that got Miller to Elite Eights will be the qualities that drive a Final Four when it happens.
This has been my mantra for years. I said the same even with Lute...that magic one game is fantastic and glorious and a rush and so much fun, but it is one game. It is like how people focused on Lute's first round blunders...most teams failures are not making the tournament, ours were losing as a favorite in the first round. The achievement is unnecessarily overlooked to point to the one game failure. I'd rather bang my head against the Final Four every year than make it once in a South Carolina style then miss the tournament and be a nobody for years. Yeah, I'd rather just make it. I still say 2014 was the one year we SHOULD have made it...the rest, we had a good enough squad to make it, but there was somebody better ahead of us, or hotter (UConn).
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Miller and Romar spotted on a plane to Vegas earlier today. Hmmmm
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Who/what are the going for?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Vegas tourney this week? Or just a hub for another destination? Bol Bol?

Both of them going must mean its a big time recruit
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Jefe wrote:Miller and Romar spotted on a plane to Vegas earlier today. Hmmmm
Getting married
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Who/what are the going for?
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas unless you have premium.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Why can't they just be going to party?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Jefe wrote:Vegas tourney this week? Or just a hub for another destination? Bol Bol?

Vegas tourneys aren't until July.

I honestly don't know of any big recruits currently in Vegas or at least any that we're currently on.

Maybe they're getting on a connected flight out of LV or maybe they found Ajay Thakore's "dead body" and really felt the urge to take a piss on it?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Jefe wrote:Vegas tourney this week? Or just a hub for another destination? Bol Bol?

Vegas tourneys aren't until July.

I honestly don't know of any big recruits currently in Vegas or at least any that we're currently on.

Maybe they're getting on a connected flight out of LV or maybe they found Ajay Thakore's "dead body" and really felt the urge to take a piss on it?

Having a burger with the Maryland AD?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

EVCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

This has been my mantra for years. I said the same even with Lute...that magic one game is fantastic and glorious and a rush and so much fun, but it is one game. It is like how people focused on Lute's first round blunders...most teams failures are not making the tournament, ours were losing as a favorite in the first round. The achievement is unnecessarily overlooked to point to the one game failure. I'd rather bang my head against the Final Four every year than make it once in a South Carolina style then miss the tournament and be a nobody for years. Yeah, I'd rather just make it. I still say 2014 was the one year we SHOULD have made it...the rest, we had a good enough squad to make it, but there was somebody better ahead of us, or hotter (UConn).
Fully agree with you on this EV...except that '97 we really did earn it beating those 3 #1 seeds. I'm sure that, like the rest of the country, we put too much emphasis on the NCAA Tourney.....takes a lot of luck as well as talent to usually win it.

I was guilty of this as well as I criticized CSM for the first time in choking vs an under-talented Xavier AND that made me temporarily forget what an incredible job he did during the year with all the adversity we faced. Having said this, unfortunately, since CSM is so talented, he's really got the lack of a FF monkey heavily on his back now....and has been that way for a few years....which sadly makes it more of a challenge to get it off.

Just look at how incredible Lute, Hall of Famer, Olson was and he only got one natty. 2001 should have been #2 but incompetent (or worse ) reffing on top of bad luck with Gilbert's injury vs. MSU Jason Richardson in the FF......Way too much emphasis on the NCAA Tourney argument is a easy case to make when you look at UCONN.....Good grief, their luck in the NCAA's makes me physically sick.

Bear Down.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This. The best coaches consistently put their teams in a position to make FF runs.

Miller is close.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Thats two straight years where many were in a panic and Miller ends up with essentially a top 3 class. The guys a witch. Not a bad consolation prize after a disappointing tourney run and the drama surrounding who is coming back.
Bangkok Wildcat

rgdeuce wrote:Thats two straight years where many were in a panic and Miller ends up with essentially a top 3 class. The guys a witch. Not a bad consolation prize after a disappointing tourney run and the drama surrounding who is coming back.
Funny rg, was just thinking the exact same thing....especially with Rawle looking hard at leaving (which I was convinced he was staying but only just testing the waters), Chance jumping ship too early (now, it looks like he was academically screwed if he stayed - my conjecture at this point), and with Bowen still flying about, etc.

I was a bit disappointed a couple of weeks ago and now a 180 degree turn and stunned at CSM's Witchery yet again. For the 1,000th time, we are so damned lucky to have him....regardless of the huge FF Monkey on his back, he's performed amazingly well for Arizona. If he leaves, we will really, really regret it.

My major concern is that how much stress the crazy recruiting and kids jumping early places on him. I wonder what % of his time is spent on recruiting vs coaching? Anyone care to guess? I have no idea but wouldn't be surprised if it was 50% or over.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Coach and Allonzo talked with Seth Greenberg. Coach thought Rawle was gone and Chance was a shock. Kobi and his family told him he was 1 and done from the get go

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19461567" target="_blank
Bangkok Wildcat

Jefe wrote:Coach and Allonzo talked with Seth Greenberg. Coach thought Rawle was gone and Chance was a shock. Kobi and his family told him he was 1 and done from the get go

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19461567" target="_blank
Awesome podcast Jefe, thanks much for posting this. I rarely do podcasts but this was a really cool one to listen to. Bear Down.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Thats two straight years where many were in a panic and Miller ends up with essentially a top 3 class. The guys a witch. Not a bad consolation prize after a disappointing tourney run and the drama surrounding who is coming back.
Funny rg, was just thinking the exact same thing....especially with Rawle looking hard at leaving (which I was convinced he was staying but only just testing the waters), Chance jumping ship too early (now, it looks like he was academically screwed if he stayed - my conjecture at this point), and with Bowen still flying about, etc.

I was a bit disappointed a couple of weeks ago and now a 180 degree turn and stunned at CSM's Witchery yet again. For the 1,000th time, we are so damned lucky to have him....regardless of the huge FF Monkey on his back, he's performed amazingly well for Arizona. If he leaves, we will really, really regret it.

My major concern is that how much stress the crazy recruiting and kids jumping early places on him. I wonder what % of his time is spent on recruiting vs coaching? Anyone care to guess? I have no idea but wouldn't be surprised if it was 50% or over.
Out of curiosity, why were you disappointed? A couple potenial early entries? I mean we had a. Top 5 class coming in with a couple more openings and a number of high end options to fill them.

In that situation if you're disappointed, then you're clearly spoiled.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Puerco wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:

Out of curiosity, why were you disappointed? A couple potenial early entries? I mean we had a. Top 5 class coming in with a couple more openings and a number of high end options to fill them.

In that situation if you're disappointed, then you're clearly spoiled.
I'll admit I'm spoiled, especially in recruiting, thanks to CSM :-).

I was disappointed a few weeks ago due to Chance and Rawle. As I've stated ad-nauseam on this board, the way kids jump early and 'too early' in many cases, has really decreased the amount of fun I take in watching these players and team develop from year to year.

I was prepared for and fully expected both Lauri and Kobi to jump....although a few stories floating around about Lauri and his Dad originally planning a 2 year stay gave me a little sliver of hope...never mind them though as they are your typical by-product of the foolish NBA Players Union.

BUT right after Xavier, and the Safeway pic with a fan, his allegedly telling him that he was coming back....I thought he was smart to take advantage of the opportunity and 'test' the waters but then it became increasingly apparent how serious he was to jumping early. THIS was my major disappointment BUT a close second was what I consider to be a dumbass decision by Chance (allegedly screwing himself academically) pulling a Grant Jerret maneuver and jump too early.

Chance, to me, is similar to a Channing Frye type development which took all 4 years but worked out well for both parties in the end. I'm still dumbfounded by Chance's decision and again, a lot of the fun in Arizona Hoops to me is seeing the player development. I'm sure we can all agree Sophomore Chance >>>> Freshman Chance.

Now we will never know how he could have developed further under a CSM tutelage vs. whatever dump he likely ends up playing in for foreseeable future. Furthermore, it appeared as he had an educated, financially stable family so further disappointing to see his foolish premature jump IMO.

There's your answer Puerco.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Thad Matta holding an afternoon press conference to address his future at Ohio State.

Commence sphincter puckering...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Chicat wrote:Thad Matta holding an afternoon press conference to address his future at Ohio State.

I dont see how Miller would go to Ohio State. While facilities would probably be an upgrade and so many resources would be available it isn't nearly as good of a job or team as Arizona. I also don't see any dominoes falling to where Miller would leave.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

It was extremely hard for Miller to leave Xavier, he is a really loyal guy.

Besides, he hates the cold.

tOSU is a great gig, but he would always be second banana to the football program. Won't have that problem ever at UA.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Chicat wrote:Thad Matta holding an afternoon press conference to address his future at Ohio State.

I dont see how Miller would go to Ohio State. While facilities would probably be an upgrade and so many resources would be available it isn't nearly as good of a job or team as Arizona. I also don't see any dominoes falling to where Miller would leave.
Rumor on twitter is that he'll retire after NEXT season. Probably allows him to name his successor. My sphincter will unpucker if that's the case.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?